3CX V12 migration to VM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lukasz_press, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukasz_press

I want to migrate our 3CX V12 SP6.2 from physical server to virtual machine. I make full backup on old server and trying to install 3CX V12 on new Windows Server 2016 but im getting this error: "There was an error during the IIS confiugration process. Your orginal IIS configuration will be restored." Here is the log installation download link becouse is too big to attach on forum: https://we.tl/CNuOYA34P5
    Does anybody have ideas what is the problem with IIS? I added roles and functions exactly the same as they are on old physical server.

Second question is when I install clean version 12 I will be able to download service pack 6.2 in node updates in console?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @lukasz_press

I would recommend to move to V15. Since you have a full backup you can install version V14 and restore your backup there. Then take a backup from V14 and install V15 where Nginx web server is used.

3. lukasz_press

Hello @YiannisH_3CX, V12 SP 6.2 works perfectly for us and we want to stay with this version and for more our maintenance is expired so there is no option for update for now.
    In addition, we have created a connection with our dedicated crm, panasonic pbx and translated web reports do not know if it will work with the newer version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.