Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx v12 moving to another server. Licensing.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Timur, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timur

Hello.
    I want to move 3cx v12 to another server, but I don't have company name, emails etc that have been used to active 3cx. 3cx was bought by previous admin and I don't know the reseller that sold it us. I have only license key. Is there a way to do this without such information? If not, how can I get these information?
    Must I deactivate first old 3cx or I can active new machine and then deactivate the old?

Thanks.

2. n2

n2

You should be able to look at the existing server installation for some of the details, but is is likely not enough and given the age of the system, I suggest you call 3CX directly for their advice. Of particular note is that versions this old needed a patch to upgrade how the license key is validated as SHA-1 is no longer supported. If you reinstall at this point, you will end up with the demo/free version. So, in essence, there are two issues - how to get the details so that you can satisfy the presumed need of knowing that you are indeed entitled to use the license and then the need to get the patch so that once 3CX has approved the 1st issue, that you can install and get back the full functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.