Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V12, Recording twice ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jed, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jed

jed New Member

Hi

I´m testing seamles call to my mobile, and see that the call is recorded twice, is this by design?

16-08-2013 17:00:39 xxxxxxxx dail in: CallGroup -> Ext • Answered • Ring time 15 sec • Speak time 14:49 • and a Recording (13,5Mb)
    16-08-2013 17:00:40 xxxxxxxx dail in: My Cell Phone • Answered • Ring time 14 sec • Speak time 14:50 • and a Recording (13,5Mb)

I did pickup the call on my CellPhone

It is great that the call is recorded, however we might need to expand our Harddisk capasity, if this is by design...

/Jesper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's as if it sees the call going to, and being answered by, two individual endpoints.

How are you routing the call?

If it is some sort of a bug, the folks at 3CX are going to need to know that.

Was this a cut and paste, of the log? The reason I ask, is the word dail, is that supposed to be dial ?

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Are you describing a forwarding rule to your cell phone, or are you answering the call using the 3CX app on our smartphone?

If the former, you effectively have two calls running against your PBX.. one for the incoming call and one for the call the PBX made to your cell.. explains the "twice" bit. If the latter.. a bug?

4. jed

jed New Member

Thanks both for your answer.
    It is written manually after the "Reports".
    Thanks for pointing out the spelling error, there is pleanty of those from where that came, as my english is rubbish. We speak Danish here, not that it makes my spelling better :oops:

I just added the "Ring my extension and my Mobile at the same time", and the "issue" raises when I pickup the call on my Cell Phone (not through the App)
    The incomming Call is routet through my SIP Provider, and the forwarding is routed to my Mobile through the same SIP Provider.

When I pickup the call on my Yearlink Phone, I do only record once
    When I pickup the call on my CellPhone, I record twice

OK, this might make sense, but not a lot of free space on the server ;)

Thanks again, I will have to close this with, it is by design.
    /Jesper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.