Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V12 sp4 - 3CX Session Boarder Controller

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Hey Guys,
    So not sure what is going on with 3CX.com website cant seem to leave comments on posts in the blog...
    Anyways looking at SP4 i see there is a "3CX Session Boarder Controller" option for extensions now with updated templates....I do not see anywhere in the release notes this mentioned. Any chance someone could explain what 3CX is doing with this? Is this a possible replacement for the proxy. Is this a possible option for setting up like a siperator or like device at a remote location to allow phones to connect to that SBC?

If anyone could clarify its purpose that would be great!

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I believe that is the same SBC they released with the cloud server RC.

http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXSBC12.msi

Blog post here:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-cloud-server-rc1/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Hmm i would say it looks like you would be correct. I wonder why they didn't mention it on the SP4 release information nor provide a download link outside of the Cloud Server page..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.