3CX v14.0.49169.513 upgrade to v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chongch@douyee.com, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chongch@douyee.com

Hi,

Can I upgrade 3CX from v14 to v15? Is there any service pack need to update before the upgrade?

Regards,

Darrren

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear chongch,

If you need to upgrade to V15 here's how to proceed:
    - take a full backup from existing version
    - save your backup file to different folder in order to avoid remove on uninstallation process.
    - uninstall this 3cx phone system V14.
    - install 3cx phone system V15
    - restore when prompted in setup wizard stage.

3. chongch@douyee.com

Dear GiannosC_3CX,

Ok..I try first...thanks

4. Mike Brauch

I watched the video on the upgrade and it appears straight forward. My question is how do all the pc's in my company get upgraded to 15 after we do the upgrade on the server that host 3cx?

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Mike Brauch

That depends on your installation and what settings you are going to use for the upgrade. If your 3CX clients are local and you use the same local IP then once the upgrade is complete and the 3CX clients connect to the server they will receive a notice that an upgrade is available. Once the user clicks on upgrade then the 3cx client will download the new version and will upgrade. Make sure that after the phone system upgrades you go into the downloads section and download the latest client available. If you use a different local IP or the extensions are remote and you use a different FQDN then you will need to send a new welcome email to re-provision the clients before they can upgrade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.