Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V14 Cloud Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ericosborn09, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericosborn09

After provisioning a new instance, how do you change the recordings and vm quota? I seemed to be locked at 1025mb

2. 12494

12494 Member

There are 2 screens in the management console where you can set limits. Default is unlimited.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the Virtual PBX installations, you can only set the Quotas upon the instance creation, so if you need to change it, you must backup the instance, remove it, create a new instance, set new Quotas, then restore the backup.

4. ericosborn09

Ouch, learned by lesson on this one. Do you see any changes coming to this in the future?

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I couldn't really say, I haven't heard something about this, but you could post this in the 'Ideas' section as a feature request.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can set the Quota to 0, which is unlimited, upon creating the instance, and in regards to the separate disks for Recordings, check out Symbolic Links in Windows... Haven't tried it myself for stability, but they sound like what you want.

In regards to changing the Quota, I haven't heard anything about that, but for now whenever you need to change you will have to recreate the instance.

Also, although it may not be very convenient, but there was a security vulnerability that could be exploited if each instance hod writing access to anywhere on the system.

7. opalbusiness

Yet another reason we are leaving 3cx. Something as simple as a recordings quota needs changed, and your answer is backup and restore the pbx to a new instance. No thanks, we'll just find a product with competent developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.