3CX v14, how to delete custom phone templates?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efounco, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efounco

efounco New Member

How do I delete custom phone templates in 3CX v14? There isn't a delete option in the editor. I can delete the file manually from the server, but it will forever be listed in the template editor and give me an error when I try to access it. Am I missing something?

2. Grand Archer

I also have this problem as well as the following. Whenever you create a custom template manually using a text editor such as notepad++ then put the file in the directory it does not show up in the list of phone templates even after restarting all of the services. Interestingly I then went and created the template inside of 3CX and named it the same file name but with different phone names to differentiate it. Then not only did the manually created template show up in the list but so did the template I created in 3CX with the same file name. I then saw that only one file existed in the phone templates folder but it was the manually created template and not the one created in 3CX which I would have assumed it would overwrite. This was still the case after restarting the services several times again. Is this data stored and cached in the web server and not written directly to the folder? Also why would the templates not update after the services have been restarted? Very odd behavior indeed. V12 and V12.5 did not act in this manor.

3. wtrbhe

Where are you looking for the custom-template files?
    They are now in a diffrent folder on server. You can find them in:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<RANDOMCODE>\CustomTemplates\phones

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You have to restart the web server (Abyss or IIS) for it to detect new/remoted template files. Once restarted any new or removed templates will be reflected in the console. Also any changes you make within the templates themselves after restart are reflected without additional restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. briankayser

I'm a little late on this reply, but I've found that if you pick ANY template, then just add a space somewhere (basically make a small change) then 3CX will rebuild the list of all templates. So if you delete all the Grandstream template files, for example, because you don't use that vendor's phones, they will not disappear from the list until you do SOMETHING within Provisioning Templates screen (such as making a change to one.)

I actually created one called _Saver that I only use for this purpose, as I make template modifications a lot. I just change _Saver and hit APPLY.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.