Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx v14 SP2 - missing Phone Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daveatgower, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveatgower

Please tell me where the Phone Provisioning is now at within v14 SP2. We are configuring a new 3CX system for a customer and I'm unable to setup the daylight savings, NTP server setup for the phones as this appears to be missing?

It use to here... http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/timezone-provisioning/

Anyone?

2. simonjh88

Great question. I can't find it anywhere either!

3. daveatgower

Our other systems that upgraded to SP2 seem to work fine with this missing settings. However, for new installs of 3CX, this is a problem. The work around we did was to adjust each phone provisioning template depending on the phones. Not ideal at all and I can only see this as a temporary solution. We did not find a work around for daylight savings configuration adjustments.

3CX needs to fix this bug.

4. dig1234

I used to use that tab as a hack to regenerate all the files. Now what am I going to do?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Yes I needed it today just to get the provisioning URL to copy into a phone.

These new UI changes are a mess.

For those who are looking for the firware files upload area that was under provisioning, it is now on the menu when you go into phones.

6. dig1234

For anyone else suffering from not being able to regenerate the provisioning files, here is a workaround:
    1) Under extensions tab>multi select all extensions
    2) click edit
    3) click ok
    4) repeat for page 2 etc..

More clicks but it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why do I think in v14 SP1 I saw a button under phones that said "Recreate provisioning file" ?
    Was it there or am I dreaming this?

I too used the DST checkbox to recreate provision files... now its managed only at an Extension level... a bit of regression again.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Reprovisioning button was removed because we do not need it anymore because everytime an extension is edited, the file is written. We fixed a critical bug there and removed the button.

The DST is INSIDE the FIRMWARE of the Phone. All the manufacturers know this and when you select the timezone they also make a research and set when the DST will occur. So it was a REDUNDANT function in the phone System.

None the less you can still see these parameters in the custom parameter tables and go and change them from there. i think if your phone firmware does not have it, its not a big deal to go once in there and set it.. Or contact the manufacturer of the phone and inform them that DST in this world that we live in - is PUBLIC information. They can get this and put it in the firmware.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also when you install 3CX you have the timezone selector.
    So by default all extensions you create will get that timezone.
    Now if you want to have an extension on a different timezone, go and edit that extensions properties.

10. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi daveatgower

For the provisioning link log onto the management console and click on the system Status node. The link is there under Push configured it is number 5 in that list of checks so you can copy it from there and use it. As for recreating the templates this can be done either as advised earlier on the ticket or just mass edit your extensions, go to the BLF page, use for example BLF 60 that noone will be using and assign a BLF to it then hit apply and that should do it. For any other questions or inquiries please let me know

Best Regards

11. daveatgower

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.