Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V14 Unable add extention - Exception has been thrown

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mohammedzain, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohammedzain

Hi,

I am unable to do any configuration changes in 3cx v14 as it throws the following error;

An Exception occurred EditExtension Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an ivocation.

Screen shot is attached here.

Please help to solve this issue.

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would seem to refer to an HTTP port error in the template.

Is this a new install? If so, have you successfully run the 3CX Firewall checker? Did you make port changes?

3. Jaymei

Possibly due to custom phone templates?
    Had this issue as well, did not like the fact that i had edited the phone provisioning template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mohammedzain

Hi Jaymei,

I did suspect that it would have been the custom template. This problem started only after the update to V14 Service pack 3.
    Could you please guide me to edit the phone provisioning template?

Thnx n Brgds

5. mohammedzain

Hi leejor,

This problem started after updating to V14 Service pack 3. I haven't done the Firewall Checker as it would affect the users. I will try to run the same after office hours. Do you think this problem related to Service Pack 3 update?

Thnx n Brgds

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most likely related to a change, that is less "forgiving" of what is seen as incorrect information (one of the port numbers?), in custom templates, as you seem to indicate that you are using one. I would have a look over the template being used, and compare port numbers with those that the PBX has been set to actually use.

7. cfive

cfive Member

What make of phone is selected? I get this with some Aastra phone sets - so I think it's definitely related to the phone template. If I switch the template, I can add the extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.