3CX V14 upgrade IVR not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bobdigby, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdigby

I am in the process of updating our 3CX phone system from 12.5 with sp1 to version 14 with sp1.

Everything went well in terms of the backup and restore but I am experiencing a problem which unless I can fix I will have to go back to version 12.

In version 14 everything appears to be working fine apart from all IVR and system prompts. If I play back a system prompt to my phone I get the voice message “The call cannot be completed at this time. Sorry”. I also get the same if I ring any of the IVR lines.

I have tried looking at http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-iis-ivr/ but I’m not sure how much of this is relevant in v14.

I tried changing the prompts to another language no joy.

I looked on this page http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/service-pack-1-v14/ and see someone had a similar issue and Nicky Borg said:

"@Graham – Problem in this case was because the 3CX Server was configured with a PUBLIC IP Address in a Local Lan.
    The 3CX Webserver is configured to DENY direct Http requests from Public IP addresses for security reasons. It allows only Direct HTTP requests from Local IP Addresses.
    The local IP Addresses are the following:
    10.0.0.0/8
    172.16.0.0/12
    192.168.0.0/16

But if the PBX is configured to have a local interface as a public IP, then this will not be allowed because webserver will think that this is an external request. So it will be blocked. IVR calls will not work. CTI will not work.
    To fix this you need to change your IP Address to a local ip or add to the webserver configuration in the xml file."

I'm not sure in the webserver config where to add anything about IP's that are allowed but also on my setup CTI does work so I am not sure again if the problem is the same.

Our setup is a little different to the standard as we have two network cards. One for our internal networks on a 10.0.0.0/8 range and the other is for our internet on a static public IP address.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. bobdigby

Just bumping this thread.

I have had to go back to 12.5 but if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate this.

Thanks

3. Slyoder

Hello bobdigby, I ran into a similar problem when testing the V14 upgrade on my test system. I came across your post and it pointed me in the right direction so I thought I'd share what I discovered. It sounds like you might be using IIS, this system was running Win7 with Abyss so it might not be relevant to you.

After upgrading to V14 my voicemail and IVR extensions no longer worked and I would get “This call could not be completed, please try again later, we apologize.” My system uses a non-standard IP address that is not included in the range you referenced in you first post. I found the Abyss config file under C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin\Webserver\. I added my IP range to the config file and all is working now.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What Slyoder said.

Also if you used an External FQDN during the setup and you chose that you have are not behind a NAT, check the Windows 'hosts' file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and make sure there is an entry that points the FQDN to 127.0.0.1 .

5. bobdigby

Thanks @Slyoder and @NickD_3CX I will give this a go at Christmas when I try the upgrade again.

@NickD_3CX can you confirm where the web config file and the syntax to use when using IIS instead of Abyss like @Slyoder?

Thanks

6. bobdigby

Hi @NickD_3CX I have updated the system again to V14 SP2 and am having the same issue again.

I have checked in the host file and their is an entry that points the FQDN to 127.0.0.1.

Can you confirm where the web config file and the syntax to use when using IIS instead of Abyss like @Slyoder?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey!

In IIS that would be under the "ivr" site in instance01, the double-click the "IP Address and Domain Restrictions" and just add your NICs IP Address in the list here as 'Allow'.

8. bobdigby

Brilliant Nick I can confirm this works well

Cheers

9. vnyi

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You have a Local IP so you do not need to add it to IIS, this was only for when the NIC on the Server has a Public IP range.

What do you hear when you call a Digital Receptionist, blank audio or "your call could not be completed"?

11. planPC

Hello, same problem here.

The update was from 12.5 to v 14 SP3.

Tried the solutions here with no success, when call to any IVR the audio is the same that when calling to voicemail:

"This call could not be completed, please try again later. We apologyze"

Reviewing the 3CXIvrServer.log, those are the errros shown:

If I try to access the url of that error in the PBX windows server wich is 192.168.1.109 and configured with FQDN pbx.domain.com, (http://192.168.1.109/ivr) it shows a "Not Found 404"Error from IIS in any browser.

Instead http://pbx.domain.com/ivr/ and https://pbx.domain.com/ivr/ yes are found, and shows this text: "greetings audio set to" but nothing more.

Don´t know why it is pointing to a not found URL or where to change this value, also dont know where mus point this URL to make IVR works.

Will thank any suggestion/idea.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

During the installation, did you do a Split DNS setup? I think if you did, the requests should indeed be to the FQDN and not the IP. Regardless though, that link with the local IP should still show I believe the "greetings audio set", have you changed anything in IIS, specifically in the Default Web Site bindings?

I think it actually may be worth backing everything up, uninstalling it, open IIS and manually remove anything that may have been left behind, re-installing and restoring.

13. planPC

Thank you for your quick answer.

I did not use split DNS, and really never change anything in IIS, it an unknow world for me.

The only thing I recently made, "and did not mentioned in my post" is an uninstall and re-install as we wanted to change the previous FQDN to a new one, using an SSL certificate that is not activated in the TLS options from 3cx, but let us access to management console through https.

This weekend I try to re install and will share experience.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. planPC

After Re install, everything is functioning normally now. Don't really know what could happen.

Reinstall eliminates many problems that can occur, but it´s really a long time-consuming task.

Regards and than you for your help

15. Andre2016

@NickD_3CX can you please confirm where in the abyss web config file I can add my IP range?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.