• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx v15.5 provisioning BLF and Options - Yealink

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1

Gold Partner
Reaction score
We have a new v15.5 with all the latest updates and Yealink T46G and T46S phones running the latest 3cx supported firmware running in a remote stun environment. According to the 3CX documentation (https://www.3cx.com/docs/ip-phone-configuration/) I should be able to push my configuration options (Screen Saver, Time Format, BLF etc) from the Management Console to the device. I have configured the changes I want in 3CX and reprovisioned the phone from the Phones tab which caused it to reboot but no matter what I do, those changes are NOT reflected in the phone. I am not using a custom template.

Any ideas???

Hello @twisted1 ,

did the phone provision correctly? is it registered? can you make calls from it?

It seems to provision fine and is able to make/receive calls. Just doesn't take any of the extension options configured on the BLF or Provisioning tab of the extension inside 3CX...

Are all the ports under "Phone provisioning" forwarded to the IP phone from the firewall?

We were using remote stun and didn't do any reservations or specific forwards at the FW... Only had 4 extensions in that remote office. Phone is working fine (for calls at least) without any specific forwarding rules...

That might be the reason for the issue, try forwarding the ports to one of the phones and see if it will reprovision and apply the changes you made in the management console.

I tested by changing the phones SIP port and RTP ports to a new range, then forwarding them through the Firewall. Re-provisioned the phone. It is working on the new ports but the configuration is still not pushing to the device. No BLF and the options (screen timeout and time format) are still incorrect.

OK, this is strange behavior BUT we have it working. Let me prefix this with the fact that we used our own FQDN and GoDaddy Cert... Seems we cannot provision from the Phones Tab. We had to log into the phone, go to the Security Tab, Go to Certificates and Disable Restrict to Trusted Certificates. The phone would then reboot, get its provisioning and reboot again. THEN it would have all the settings we put in the console. If we tried to Auto Provision or simply reboot it did not work.

I had a ticket open with 3CX Support and told them this resolved it. Their response was that the issue was that we would need to load our cert into those phones for this to work. THat is a first for me and NOT something I would want to do on a larger roll-out... Seems odd that GoDaddy is not a valid Certificate Authority to the Yealink Phones!

Yealink reserves very little memory for certificates, and they have never included GoDaddy. If you really want to use your own FQDN/cert, you can buy one from one of the 30 authorities they do support - see http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=691 for a list, or possibly get your own Let's Encrypt cert.

EDIT: I just read the rest of the cert list, and they added GoDaddy in v81 firmware! (Plus 39 others for a total of 70 different certs.)

If you can get the phone firmware upgraded before provisioning you might be good to go.

Last edited:
If it works :)

And it doesn't - at least for me. I have a Godaddy Wildcard and it is No Bueno for RPS. Yealink V81 firmware .110

So I found their list of supported CAs in Appendix B here: http://download.support.yealink.com... Certificates on Yealink IP Phones_V81_20.pdf

The issue now is that mine IS supported. Yealink supports "Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority - G2" and that is indeed the CA I find in my cert. Now I am not sure what to do on this. I really don't want to have to use the default 3CX domains as I like that ability to personalize the URLs...

I use LetsEncrypt certificates with my own domains. Even have it set to auto renew. It took some work to make the magic happen but it is now part of my default installation process. It's a one-time setup.

Reactions: seantp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.