• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx V15.5 SP2 windows client create call conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Cross

Reaction score
Using the 3cx windows software when trying to create a conference opens the webclient login? How to change it back to the original software?

Even when logging in to the webclient I can create a new conference but can't invite anyone?

Only options I see is Type, When, Subject, Notes to Participants, Calendar, Create meeting button....

Hello,

On the Calendar drop down list you can choose which email platform are you prefer to create your meetings and then if you press "Create Meeting" a new tab on you browser should appear.
For example, if you choose Google then you will see a new tab on google calendar (see screenshot on the attachments ) and from there you can add participants, edit time and many more.
There is no way to go back to the old style conferencing.

Thank you

Attachments

• calendar_app_large.jpg
    calendar_app_large.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 24
This "new" style of conferencing sucks... Now it's re-train users that barely got how to do it using the 3cx software. We don't use gmail; which now requires more software (plugin to outlook for office 365) to get working and troubleshoot to use call conferencing when it just worked with the 3cx windows app.

Hindsight being 20/20 I wouldn't of NEVER upgraded...

And where is any of this documented for these changes????

Reactions: Kobberhjelmen
How do I get it to create a appointment on my Outlook calendar? I use Office365 exchange with Outlook.

Hello @Brian Cross,

The new way of creating a conference is far better than the old one. Users now have a lot more options than before.

If you are using the native outlook application then create a conference and choose iCal to be your calendar. When you click Create then an ICS file will be download on your PC. Click on the ics and outlook Appointment page will appear for edit/create the meetings.

iCalendar is supported by the most email application and calendars.

Thank you

Hello @Brian Cross,

The new way of creating a conference is far better than the old one. Users now have a lot more options than before.

If you are using the native outlook application then create a conference and choose iCal to be your calendar. When you click Create then an ICS file will be download on your PC. Click on the ics and outlook Appointment page will appear for edit/create the meetings.

iCalendar is supported by the most email application and calendars.

Thank you

I disagree.. My coworkers disagree, my clients disagree. I didn't need email to create a conference before. Not all users at companies are assigned email.

"The new way of creating a conference is far better than the old one." - it is not!!! it's a lie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.