• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx v15.5 SP3 Standard - no custom FQDN, no custom SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

us1

Reaction score
As others have expressed in various locations thus far today, 3cx v15.5 SP3 Standard has removed the option to use your own FQDN and SMTP for new customers. For the time being, existing installs that are upgraded do not require a change, but how long will that last?

As a 3cx hosting provider, this is a major step backward. Requiring us to procure the PRO edition to maintain our branding and features that, as of yesterday, were in Standard is NOT OK. I would encourage you to provide feedback to your distributors, channel managers, and whomever else you know at 3cx to have them reconsider this significant step backward. It is clear in these forums that people are not happy with the change yet the 3cx members of the forum are taking a very flippant attitude trying to tell us how this is such a great change. Sorry, the only improvement in this change is going to be to 3cx's bottom line at the cost of our own bottom lines. That is not OK.

I'm not a huge company yet, but if this mistake is not corrected, all of my current and future installs will move to another platform. I hate to lose my capital and intellectual investment into this platform, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get fleeced for simply using my own FQDN and SMTP servers.

Reactions: Umbrella
So it's not what's best for your customer...It's what's best for you.

Reactions: neville

My customers are partnered with me because of the service and value add I provide. By using my domain, my customer's domain, or 3cx's domain, it should be the same choice as was available yesterday. I AM the customer as it pertains to 3cx. Your quip about how Dell cut out the partners is humorous given how much Dell struggled when they cut out the channel. When was the last time you received great support in a timely fashion directly from 3cx?

If you like the new changes, bravo. More power to you. As you can see so far, you are in the extreme minority.

Reactions: opyum and sip.bg
I can understand your frustrations but I will have to defend 3CX support in my experience.

I received great support in a timely fashion directly from 3CX early this week. Upgrade was failing going from SP1 to SP2 and 3CX support replied with help in a few minutes of opening the ticket and continued to work the issue until it was resolved a few hours later.

So I don't really see the huge issue with branding as I would think the most important branding is the wallpaper on the phones and the branding in the emails (template) since that is what the end customer sees most often. End users clearly don't pay attention to URLs or email addresses/domains otherwise half of the phishing attempts out there wouldn't work. If you really must keep your domain you can always throw down an Ngnix proxy in front of your hosted instances. Not defending 3CX's habit of making changes without at least running it by partners but it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: StefanW
I'm not a fan of the idea of reseller. Middlemen need to be eliminated in today's society IMMHO.
If a customer can afford to have their own domain they can afford the Pro package. It's not that much more expensive.

But customer will notice 25% increase in price which is in some countries equal to VAT:eek:
It is clear in these forums that people are not happy with the change yet the 3cx members of the forum are taking a very flippant attitude trying to tell us how this is such a great change.
And regarding the price? Askozia was really cheap, particulary if you need an "unlimited" simultaneous call.

I would wait for the new March 1st pricing to say customer will notice a 25% price increase.

We have clients that are on their own FQDN and SMTP server for a long time. Standard because they did not need PRO features. Now their reporting mechanism, alerts, etc. will not work because the SMTP is not via 3CX email or 3CX FQDN. Honestly, I don't have the time for all of this!

You cannot just make these changes arbitrarily and not expect issues to arise! We need this corrected asap.

We have clients that are on their own FQDN and SMTP server for a long time.

and all those existing customers remain as they are... So nothing needs to be changed or changes for them...

I can definitely relate to us1 frustration on this topic. we the partners are pushing 3cx products to our customers. it's hard enough to stay profitable these days without 3cx changing basic features.

the fact the existing customers are not effected means nothing. its like finding out your wife cheats on you but you have to stay because of the kids. at some-point inevitably you'l dump the wife and sacrifice a few kids.

from my short experience with 3cx its fairly certain we can expect more and more steps in that direction.

I'm not a fan of the idea of reseller. Middlemen need to be eliminated in today's society IMMHO.
If a customer can afford to have their own domain they can afford the Pro package. It's not that much more expensive.

Like us1 said, we provide service, management and integration services. that's not middlemen. that's facilitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.