• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX v15.5 SP6 - Grandstream GXP2160 MPK provisioning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Menor

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the side MPK (Multi-Purpose Keys) on the Grandstream GXP2160. As some may know, the 2160 has 6 primary VPK (Virtual multi-Purpose Keys) on the screen and 24 MPKs on the side. I'm trying to find a way to provision the MPKs as BLFs within 3CX, but each time I assign more than four BLFs in 3CX it just adds another page to the screen and doesn't utilize the MPKs.

I've scoured the phone's GUI and also the template, but I couldn't find anything.

The phone's I've tested with are running the following firmware versions:
  • 1.0.9.102 (Current compatible 3CX firmware)
None of these work.

The phone supports 4 pages x 6 Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys = 24 keys, but since the first 2 keys will be used by the phone, the first BLF will be assigned to the 3rd key. That means from the phone's screen you can access the first 22 BLFs and the 23rd will be on the right panel as a Multi-Purpose Key.

Just make the rest blank until you reach 23.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Seriously... of course I tested up to BLF #20 prior to posting this thread. I can confirm that your solution worked. Adding BLF #23 does provision MPKs. Thanks so much!! :)

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.