3CX v15.5 Update 2 - Yealink T29G's won't re-provision?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joemailey, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joemailey

I updated to 3CX v15.5 Update 2 and now my Yealink T29G phones won't reprovision when I click the reprovision button

3CX v15.5 Update 2 - Running on Windows Server
    Yealink T29G running firmware version - 46.82.0.20

Issue is the reprovision button doesn't work. click it nothing happens to the phone.

The reboot option works.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Joemailey,

Firstly is this a live site ? I would be careful using a BETA version in a live environment.

Where are these phones located (in relation to the system) locally or are they remote across a VPN, 3CX-SBC or STUN ?
    Can you also please explain your network topology in detail (if it is anything but a flat network).

If your phones are local, I would double check all the points in this guide here - just in case:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/

I know the T46 works for re-provisioning. I successfully re-provisioned my T46's the other day on my demo 15.5 SP2 system.

Do you have any other phone models your can try there, to understand whether this is specifically related to the T29G model ?

The other option would be to run a trace and see whether a provisioning request is being sent from 3CX and when/if it reaches the phone how it is responding: http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313

3. joemailey

Thanks for your reply, all phones are on the local network.
    All phones could be reprovision before upgrading to 3CX v15.5 Update 2, although I also upgraded to the latest firmware of the phone before installing 3CX v15.5 Update 2. So not sure if its a yealink firmware issue or a 3cx issue.

4. eddv123

I maybe worthwhile (as a test) resetting and re-adding one of those T29's to your system (hold down the OK button until asked to reset) and re-provision it.

If that firmware was un-supported it would come up as such in your "phones" list in the 3CX interface, but I think that version should be good.

That being said the equivalent I did for the T46 I updated after the system update to SP2 from the 3CX interface - are you saying you manually updated to this version before you updated to SP2 of 15.5 ?

5. joemailey

Maybe its my fault for not understanding the re-provisioning.

I'm use to seeing the phones reboot when re-provisioned.

Seems this isn't the case anymore, has the re-proversion process changed?

6. eddv123

Yes, considerably, Yealinks used to fully reboot a couple of times when re-provisioning where now it is really well improved.

Glad to hear your sorted however.

7. joemailey

I do have a repeating tone happening, which I think is related to the phones having Voicemails, never use to constantly beep.

seems to be doing it every 10-15mins, hoping re-provisioning and rebooting the phones have fixed this.

8. joemailey

Is there anyway to pick a different provisioning template? after a phone have been provisioned?
    The reprovising and reboot hasn't fixed the repeated voicemail beep from the yealink handset.

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Am not certain, but look in the phone web interface as there have been changes over time. If memory serves, there was some settings about how things like voice mail, missed calls and the like are presented. It may not be VM, but one of the other items.

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No you need to delete the phone and re-add it with the custom template

I have encountered another case with Yealink phones beeping and it was because the phones were loosing registration. check the activity log after the beep and see if the extension has lost registration.

11. joemailey

I turned off the voicemail beep and changed to a custom template.
    The beeping seems to have been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.