• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX V15 - External calls, audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyleaim

Reaction score
We have issues with our 3CX system, specifically making and receiving external calls. We are with VoIP Unlimited as a SIP provider and are in contact with them at the moment to diagnose. I thought I would post on here in case there is an issue with our system or network, and if someone on here could send me in the right direction :)

To break it down, calls internally are fine, we have bridges to other phone systems across remote sites which work great. When we start to use the SIP trunk, that is when call audio is missing. If I initiate the call from the phone system to go externally, I can hear the recipient but they cannot hear me. If the external call is inbound to the phone system, neither can hear and (from my mobile at least) it looks as though the call never connects.

We had some issues yesterday with our SIP trunk provider, but they were resolved later on in the afternoon. There was a slight blip last night where the SIP registrations went down, but came back up as registered shortly after.

I am checking 3CXDialer.log on the phone system, but not seeing much in ways of SIP trunk errors etc. Does anyone know where I could look into logs to find more info?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Looks to have been a provider issue, I am unsure of the details but they have changed something their side and everything works normally.

What is the result from 3CX firewall checker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.