• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX V15: IVR on hold music disappear ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itgs

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I upgrade from V14 to V15 and noticed that IVR lost the on-hold music, after the custom registration, waiting user make selection.

In V14, there was the default onhold music playing.

Could you help me to understand if it's an issue or is a forgotten feature of V15 ?

Thank you

Hi itgs,

after the custom registration, waiting user make selection.

Please clarify what you mean in above.
Also, did you take a full backup of your system and then restored to a new installation? If yes, please try to convert again your on-hold wav file.

Sorry for my orrible English....

I mean that I don't see in any place where is setting to decide wich music is play during the waiting for user selection (after the custom message).

Example:
"Select 1 for.... Select 2 for..." (this is my custom message that it's ok)
After that, in V14, there was the 3CX default onhold music and, after few seconds, custom message again.

In V15 no music. Only silence. After few seconds, custom message play again in loop.
This cause confusion to caller because it seem that call is not managed.
Music say to user "Ok... We know you are waiting... listen music to relax" !
:)

I hope you understand better!

Thank you for support

Hello @itgs

When you call into an IVR the ivr plays the prompt you selected giving the caller options. But there is no music on hold played after your prompt is completed. When the caller makes a selection then the prompt please wait while i transfer your call will be heard and then music on hold while the user is waiting. This is the same behaviour in both v14 and v15.

Hi, I just came across this thread and I had a similar issue with upgrading between v14 and v15. It looks like in v15 the supported formats of the onhold music have changed. If i converted the on-hold music to mono, 16 bit and 8KHz it works. If you try to play the on-hold music in the Admin console of v15 and it is the incorrect format it will give you the exact format of the onhold music that you need in v15 of 3cx. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.