3CX v15 Linux SP3 and Exchange integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi All

I am just wondering if anybody has successfully got Exchange sync working on v15 Linux since it came back in SP3. I am having problems with it. It worked perfectly before I went to Linux and now it doesn't work. I am working with support on the issue, but I would like to know if anyone else has had luck in getting their Exchange contact integration working on v15 Linux.

Regards

Mark

2. andreasc

What Version of Exchange are you using ?
    Currently only office 365 is working with Linux .

3. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I am using Exchange on premise, 2013, not Office365. That might explain it. Mind you, the differences are very subtle. If anyone has managed to work out how to make it work, that would be excellent.

4. datamerge

datamerge New Member

If anyone would like to do this on Exchange On Premise, here is how.
    3CX Linux supports basic authentication and maybe OAUTH (confirmation 3CX?). By default the EWS virtual service in Exchange On Premise is configured to accept only NTLM authentication. This is incompatible with 3CX. In order to use Exchange integration at present (maybe 3CX will change this in the future), you need to go into your Exchange Admin console, to servers | Virtual Directories and edit the EWS Virtual Directory. You need to deselect NTLM and enable basic authentication. I have tested this and it works. You cannot have NTLM auth on as well as 3CX seems to trip over this auth method even though basic is also available.

So far I have seen no bad side effects to doing this. It is important to note that using basic auth potentially exposes credentials to an attacker if the app that uses EWS is exploitable. So long as you only communicate with your Exchange server via SSL, you should be fine as the credentials are all safely encrypted. I guess it is up to each network admin to decide whether the risk is too great for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.