3CX V15 + Patton 4114 Remote Office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mw3, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mw3

mw3

Hello,

I have installed 3CX V.15 successfully on Amazon AWS and i have managed to connect remote clients (Widnows, Mac, iPhone & Android) without any issues and it's working fine.

Now i'm trying to connect Patton Smartnode 4114 to 3CX using Public IP but i think something is missing as the patton gateway is not able to register with 3CX.

The Patton Smartnode is connect to a router and both have Public IP and can be accessed remotely.

Appreciate your support

Thanks

2. 12494

12494 Member

I'm not sure if this is the last word on the subject but I raised a similar question to 3CX TS a while ago - they responded

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that it is going to work with the Patton, but I have used a single trunk gateway (SPA-3102), remotely, a number of times. That said, the fact that the gateway isn't even registering should be the first issue to solve. Check the 3CX Activity log to see of there is even an attempt, if not, then either something is blocking it, or the gateway are sending the registration to the incorrect location. If there is a registration attempt, is the public IP and port showing correctly? I assume that the 3CX Firewall Checker passes all ports?

4. mw3

mw3

Thanks 12494 but i don't understand what the reason that won't make Patton to connect to 3CX using the external IP. It doesn't make any sense actually

5. mw3

mw3

Well i have not tried any other gateway for this. But 3CX Firewall Checker passes all ports normally and i have to check agai the Activity Log but it shows this " 02/05/2017 12:33:25 PM - STUN discovery of public IP is disabled"
    I'm not sure if this is causing a problem or not. i will try to enable it and check again

6. mw3

mw3

Same thing, i still can not connect the gateway to a remote 3CX installation. I'm not sure should i change the gateway and get another one that supports remote 3CX or what !

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

8. mw3

mw3

I have been able to connect it using 3CX SBC for Windows. The gateway is connected to the local install of 3CX SBC and SBC is connected to the 3CX PBX installation on AWS cloud. However i'm still facing some problems related to the audio. Outgoing and incoming PSTN calls are successfully routed but only the audio is working for 3 seconds then it gets totally off.

9. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Ok, so Patton gateways can absolutely be installed remotely, it's just not supported by 3CX since their template doesn't have those options (and I assume it would be a pain for them to support peoples network issues, since it's not really a 3cx issue).

Did you setup the IP routing table in the Patton to be able to talk with the different subnet that your pbx is on ?
    Example :
    context ip router
    route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 IF_IP_LAN 0
    route 10.32.134.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.230.1 0

Where the 10.32 address is the remote network with the 3cx pbx, and 172.16 address being the local network with the Patton. ​

Do you see any traffic hitting your 3cx server from your Patton ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. vetim

Please let us know...I am very interested in this topic because I am going to do a similar installation and would like to know if its possible to use the patton remotely without a VPN.

11. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Patton gateways can be installed remotely, it's just not supported by 3CX.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that if there are going to be issues, they may arise if the gateway and the remote sets are at the same location, it may not be insurmountable, and may just require some "tweaking". As far as I'm aware, and I may be wrong (as things may have changed), the gateway will route audio through the PBX by default, not direct to a set. If the gateway were at one location, and the sets at another, connected through a SBC or VPN, then I would not see this as a problem, unless bandwidth were a concern. In any event it probably requires that the gateway be configured manually.

JasonNadeau likes this.
  13. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Id start with the config file generated by 3cx then would "tweak" it like Leejor suggests ...

14. mw3

mw3

I have done these steps but still not connected to the 3cx server and no traffic hitting 3cx server

15. mw3

mw3

Well the only way to make it work until now is to use SBC on windows PC(https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/) that must be installed on the local network of the Patton gateway but i have issues with audio for both outgoing and incoming

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have the sets, and the gateway behind the same SBC, then I can see the possibility of some problems happening. The SBC will attempt to route audio between sets at that location (that was it's intention) whereas the gateway, not being a set, is meant to be routing audio back (direct) to the PBX.
    You might try leaving the sets behind the SBC and moving the gateway to a different Public IP, or behind a router with a different public IP.

Currently, the router/SBC combination does not seem to be able to keep track of which audio ports go where.

17. mw3

mw3

Well, Acually i'm not using any sets. For now we use soft phone clients on Mac, Windows, Android and iPhone. The soft phones can communicate with each other normally and the voice quality is good, however the inbound and outbound calls through the gateway behind SBC only delivers the voice for less than 9 seconds then the call keeps connected but with no voice both ways.

18. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

By sets, I meant, any SIP device. The point being, that while devices may function correctly behind the SBC, it was not designed to also host a gateway, that those devices would be using. You could use to using Wireshark and determine what is happening at the 9 second point. You might have to resort to moving the gateway to a separate public IP, with or without a router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.