3CX V15 softphone - in or out of office

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AndyBarr, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyBarr

HI guys.

We seem to be having a problem with users connecting their softphones over our VPN. I have just noticed that the client no longer allows you to select whether the user is in or out of the office.

Am I missing something or has this now gone completely

thanks

Andy

2. MRM

MRM

Hi Andy,

3CX Clients are not STUN aware and the 3CX tunnel is mandatory for all the remote 3CX clients. Kindly enable 3CX Tunnel for the extns, re-provision the extension (via welcome email) and perform again the test.

Please update the post on your findings and if you managed to solve the issue we would be grateful if you could share it with the community.

Regards

3. AndyBarr

Hi MRM,

All soft phone users are setup correctly with 3CX tunnel enabled and also having Disallow use of extension outside the LAN disabled as well. The system works correctly if they are on the LAN or at home. The problem is when they connected via the VPN, it tries to connect to the server over the VPN.

I want to try and force the soft phone in to "out of office" mode just for troubleshooting, and see if this is a quck fix for the users while I try and nail down the actual issue.

In terms of out of office connections. we have a 1:1 nat for our external phones so the Tunnel is setup directly with the 3CX server. So i believe that STUN doesnt even come in to the equation.

In the options there is the setting "My Location"
    with In office set to the IP address of the 3CX
    and the out of office set to the FQDN of the external IP.

Thanks

Andy

4. MRM

MRM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prompt reply, did you try and re-provision and send the welcome email?

Regards

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To force the windows client to out of office navigate to settings/ Configure accounts/ double click on your account/ Un-select the reprovision on startup and delete the settings located in the In office option. This should force the client to use the out of office settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.