• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX V15 SP5: We Want your Feedback

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
This procedure is no longer valid. SP5 of V15 is coming soon! We\'re releasing a preview of it as part of our BETA Program and would like to hear your feedback before the final release. Our BETA Programs have proven to be a huge success with our community and it\'s always great to hear from you. Check out the list of features and how you can get yo...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OCWI and jed
Thanks for getting this to us.

I see it mentions "support for yealinks latest firmware"

Does this include the T4S line?

Thanks for getting this to us.

I see it mentions "support for yealinks latest firmware"

Does this include the T4S line?

Hello OCWI,
Yes, it includes the T4xS line.

Yes Hotel features will start to be delivered now. As you can see we are integrating the hotel features into the 3CX PBX so like that the hotel module does not remain a separate product requiring it's own release updates. Everything will be inside 3CX. For all hotel users, bear with us a little longer.

Just a few things I have noticed in the Beta..

Most importantly, the Wake Up Call IVR does not use te Phone systems Time zone but rather keeps GMT. I experienced many difficulties wen trying to set this up for testing as I kept being informed the time I was setting was in the past. Also, is there a way to set a message to be played when the called party answers, or alternatively, have it also ring the front desk/operator and connect them before the wake-up call is sent? Ability for wake-up call reminders? Have system call the frontdesk/operator prior to the wake up call to pre-record messages and allow to edit before they are sent? Just thoughts on this with it being so new.

In attached you will find that when setting up an instance before completion ask you to create an operator extension but also ask for Operator and Voice Mail Extension3cx_FeedBack.PNG

Integration not possible in SP5 Beta. When clicked, nothing happens
3cx_FeedBack2.PNG

Most importantly, the Wake Up Call IVR does not use te Phone systems Time zone but rather keeps GMT. I experienced many difficulties wen trying to set this up for testing as I kept being informed the time I was setting was in the past. Also, is there a way to set a message to be played when the called party answers, or alternatively, have it also ring the front desk/operator and connect them before the wake-up call is sent? Ability for wake-up call reminders? Have system call the frontdesk/operator prior to the wake up call to pre-record messages and allow to edit before they are sent? Just thoughts on this with it being so new.

In attached you will find that when setting up an instance before completion ask you to create an operator extension but also ask for Operator and Voice Mail ExtensionView attachment 5323

View attachment 5324

With that being said,

I do like the direction 3cx is moving with their product. I hear many things about some older feature being brought back, ones that users loved and raved about, as well as the addition to the new features. I'm hoping that we can see a final release of the software in the near future, but until then we will keep our fingers crossed for the full release!

Reactions: Bianca Allery

In attached you will find that when setting up an instance before completion ask you to create an operator extension but also ask for Operator and Voice Mail ExtensionView attachment 5323

View attachment 5324

When the guest makes a call, The pbx makes the call so the time of the call is set with the time of the host.
The message played when the guest answers will the the prompt you specify in the IVR..
The front desk will ring if the guest will not answer. Next update. No reminders. Guest doesnt answer, call goes to receptionist and then receptionist goes and wakes them up. It will work like this in the end.

The second comment is ok. Not understanding what the problem is

For the 3rd try clearing the cache - however you need to have a pro license for integrations.

Been waiting for automatic updates! Will this only show respective phones, trunks, etc currently used in the system? My clients complain I am not updating their system fully. I have to explain each time the remainder of updates do not pertain to them.

If we choose to manually update, it would be nice to have a "select all" and a "ctrl+select" for choosing multiple.

Reactions: hfit.co.uk
Hi,

Could we have the web interface scrolling issues fixed please, e.g. can the main menu on the left and the action buttons at the top of each section become sticky and not scroll, this would massively help when I want to say reprovision phones, I wouldn't have to scroll to the top each time after selecting the specific phone.

Secondly on the Register screen the following columns are never populated "Register Sent, Register OK, Last Failed Register".

Also the search by date on the activity log does not seem to work.

And finally, not sure if this is possible but could makecall be tweaked so that when in CTI mode I can hear the call ringing instead of hold music.

Regards,

Rob

Reactions: narkumas
In SP5, is the Debian flavor still in RC?

When the guest makes a call, The pbx makes the call so the time of the call is set with the time of the host.
The message played when the guest answers will the the prompt you specify in the IVR..
The front desk will ring if the guest will not answer. Next update. No reminders. Guest doesnt answer, call goes to receptionist and then receptionist goes and wakes them up. It will work like this in the end.

The second comment is ok. Not understanding what the problem is

For the 3rd try clearing the cache - however you need to have a pro license for integrations.

For the first, all sounds great.

The second, Just a bit of confusion when reading it and it asks for operator extension at the top and then asks for the operator extension and the voicemail extension.

Third, I did not take this into consideration...

Hi,

Could we have the web interface scrolling issues fixed please, e.g. can the main menu on the left and the action buttons at the top of each section become sticky and not scroll, this would massively help when I want to say reprovision phones, I wouldn't have to scroll to the top each time after selecting the specific phone.
Secondly on the Register screen the following columns are never populated "Register Sent, Register OK, Last Failed Register".
Also the search by date on the activity log does not seem to work.
And finally, not sure if this is possible but could makecall be tweaked so that when in CTI mode I can hear the call ringing instead of hold music.
Regards,
Rob

Webinterface - Yes good idea - received feedback for this. We will check.
Register screens don't update - it means you have ip based trunks (by design - they don't send registers)
Search should work - but maybe a cache problem again.
Nothing can be tweaked in make call or cti. As is. We are going to make improvements to make call but soon. So stay on the lookout.

Been waiting for automatic updates! Will this only show respective phones, trunks, etc currently used in the system? My clients complain I am not updating their system fully. I have to explain each time the remainder of updates do not pertain to them.

If we choose to manually update, it would be nice to have a "select all" and a "ctrl+select" for choosing multiple.

Yes it will show only what you have. Example if you have Yealink Phones, it will show you available updates for yealink. You will not see snom firmware updates because they do not interest you because you would not have snoms.. Works like this.
This will reduce client complaints for sure. You were not the only one facing this issue with an enormous amounts of updates always available.

There are places where select all is ok because the updates are small. But in some places select all is dangerous because you might have firmwares for example and these can be large. Work with this version for now and see how it works.

Can a option/tick box be added for us to SELECT ALL contacts in the Phonebook and Delete All at the same time :) ?

Is the fax fix included in SP5?

Great to see all this communication from 3cx and responding to concerns. Thanks for the great work.

Is the fax fix included in SP5?

Yes fax fix is definitely included. But keep this in mind.
As you can see there is a main installation of windows and a linux build. You do not see a service pack update. So if you want the fax fix now, you need to take a backup, uninstall, install the new build and then restore.
Otherwise wait for the final sometime next week and a service pack update will appear and your SP4 version will be updated to SP5 which will in turn contain the fax fix.

Does SP 5 contain auto provisioning for the W52?

what is if we update now to SP5 Beta... Will there then also be a Update to SP5 Final? I mean when i update to the Beta now and then the final gets released iam not able to update this is or is this possible?

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.