3CX v15 Template BLF - Cisco SPA-504G/SPA-500S

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXhelp, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXhelp

Hi there,
    I am hoping someone in the community can help me with setting up BLF via templates. I can do it via the Managment console however I have to do 100 phones which has the exact same BLF's on the side cart. So doing it via the template would make the process less painful.

Below is what the BLF setting says:
    <!--########################################################-->
    <!--### BLF Settings ###-->
    <!--########################################################-->
    <!--# The "Unit_1_Key_1" field contains a string value which specifies the type of functionality to assign to the first key on the SPA-932 Sidecar unit, and which extension number to monitor. The provisioning template sets the value to "fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=blf1@%%pbx_ip%%;nme=100" - unless BLF is not being used for the key, in which case the value will be blank.-->
    <!--# The string value contains 2 sections, separated by a ";" character.-->
    <!--# The first section must contain "fnc=sd+blf+cp" - which basically means SpeedDial + BLF + CallPickup.-->
    <!--# The second section must contain the extension identity for whose notifications the phone will subscribe, in the format "sub=blf1@%%pbx_ip%%" - where the variables "blf1" and "pbx_ip" will be replaced by the extension number chosen from the 3CX Management Console, and the IP Address of the 3CXPS machine.-->
    <!--# The second key is identified by the "Unit_1_Key_2" field, and will contain "sub=blf2@%%pbx_ip%%" (note reference to the "blf2" variable); the third key is identified by the "Unit_1_Key_3" field and will contain "sub=blf3@%%pbx_ip%%" (note reference to the "blf3" variable); and so on.-->

The default config looks like this:

{IF blf1}
    <Unit_1_Key_1 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1">%%value%%%%blf1%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;nme=%%blffirstname1%% %%blflastname1%%</Unit_1_Key_1>
    {ELSE}
    <Unit_1_Key_1 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1"></Unit_1_Key_1>
    {ENDIF}

From reading and understanding this is what I have got: (this BLF is a Shared Park)

{IF blf1}
    <Unit_1_Key_1 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1">fnc=sd+blf;sub=SP0@10.189.xxx.xxx:5060;nme=SP0</Unit_1_Key_1>

{ELSE}
    <Unit_1_Key_1 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1"></Unit_1_Key_1>

{ENDIF}

However when I apply the template the side cart doesn't get provisioned with it. The lamp is not lit. I also removed the pink part to see if that would make a difference.

The image below is from the UI of the phone when its configured via the management console:
    http://pasteboard.co/4KbHrAkWT.png

Also if you export the XML of the phone with it configured by the management console it shows you the same information.
    http://pasteboard.co/4KqOxsW7l.png

As you can see its exactly the same. I am not sure if this is a bug but any help with this would be much appriciated.

#1 3CXhelp, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.