3CX V15 upgrade

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SVanBC, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVanBC

Hello

Yesterday I started updating our 3CX server. No problems until following update became available for install:

Name Status Installed Version Online Version Description
    New Update Available Out Of Date 15.0.60903.0 15.0.62928.5 New Update Available Update 5 Build 62928

When I check the update and install, I get kicked out of the console (normal behaviour) but never receive an e-mail telling me the update installed fine. When I attempt to login to the console, after 5-10 minuts, I'm able to check the update and still see this update available for install.

I tried installing it for 4 times now and yet it won't install.

I wanted to upgrade to version 15.5 inline, to save myself the struggle of installing/reinstalling the 3CX software.

Any ideas to get this issue resolved?

Thanks in advance

2. SVanBC

We are on Version Number 15.0.0 on Windows

3. SVanBC

4. SVanBC

I will check the event log later on today as the PBX is in use now. Thanks for the fast replies

5. SVanBC

Btw; If it keeps failing. The best way is to take a backup, uninstall the software, reinstall version 15.5 and at the setup import the backup. Right?

I watched the video but was confused about the FQDN/licensing

6. SVanBC

I'm sorry but why exclude it? Doesn't that mean I need to unlink the FQDN from the license, pick another FQDN and reprovision all the phones?

7. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi SVanBC,
    In version 15 the license is bound with the FQDN. If you select to include the license and FQDN in your backup then when you will re-install using the backup you won't be prompted regarding these settings. If you don't include these info in your backup then when prompted for a license key the FQDN bounded with the license will be used. If you want to use the same license key with a new FQDN you don't include them in the backup and prior to installation you will have to release the key from the FQDN.

SVanBC likes this.
  8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The reasons to exclude the licence and FQDN info from backup are:
    • You want to change your FQDN
    • You want to change your licence key
    • You want to move the PBX to a different server with a different local IP address.
    • You want to re-install the server to the same machine but with a different local IP address.
    The reason for leaving the option licence and FQDN unchecked for the first 2 points i think are pretty obvious. For the next 2 points the reason is that the option also excludes network configuration settings from being backed up and therefore if you are changing the local IP configuration of the machine then it is best to start with a clean network config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.