Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V16 - Documentation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by saint_, Dec 6, 2018.

1. saint_

Hi all,

I just upgraded 3CX V16 in our office so we can try before pushing this update to our customers.
    I see a lot of moves in the dashboard, under the new Security and Advanced menus.

A couple of questions:
    In Settings / Wordpress, when we click on the "3CX Wordpress plugin", it goes to this page https://www.3cx.com/ <- which has no plugin.

Under Advanced / Bridge, there is a WebMeeting Bridge with virtual extension number 90000: How does it work ?

Thank you.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

You want to try pushing the alpha to customers? I wouldn't expect any documentation till it hits beta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

As above ver 15 is in alpha, 3cx will release many more versions for internal testing before it is ready to be released as a full stable version.

You are probably looking at two months or so

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

He simply said he was trying it before pushing to customers - didn't say he was pushing the Alpha necessarily. All 3cx resellers need to try the system - starting now - which is reasonable - and the request for DOCUMENTATION is reasonable - but a little too early.

Wordpress plugin is probably still in development and not quite ready for public Alpha.

The 90000, as far as I can tell, is part of the Click to Call functionality. I tested a Video Call from a webpage to a user on v16 in my lab. Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 2.49.14 PM.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @saint_

The Wordpress plugin is not there yet as this the first Alpha version. The Webmeeting bridge is that bridge that will allow users to call into webmeetings from phones.
    Documentation will arrive in due time as some things might still change.

6. saint_

@cobaltit -> See @craigreilly answer. What I mean by "before I push it to customers" is that I am trying the new release locally until they release general availability so I can get use to it and detect bugs before I push it to customers and I can't roll back because of some bad user experience.

On the other hand, where is the CFD APP option under the queues ?
    I can't find it. I had one test queue with an APP, and now when I call the test number it says "There are no agents available in this queue" and hang up on me.

Might be a bug if CFD Apps are erased :/

7. cobaltit

@saint_ Understood. First look I was like whaaaa? :)

I generally wait till beta when the features start firming up, and of course I try not to roll out version upgrades right off the bat. I let others be the guinea pigs.

Regarding the CFW there is a post on that. I believe they are removing them in v16.

8. cobaltit