Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX V4 Fax Support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rnoguera, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnoguera

Hi,

I have setup 3CX V4 using a Patton 4554 ISDN PSTN Gateway.

I can receive incoming faxes succesfully, but I cannot start a T.38 fax call from a 3CX extension. Gateway config has been slightly "hand" modified.

When I try this:
    FAX MACHINE > SPA 2100 Analog Adapter > 3CX > PATTON 4554 > PSTN

The fax calls are succesful if I use G711 "passtrough". But when I allow SPA2100 to use T.38, calls are droped as soon as the SPA 2100 detects it is a fax.

Maybe T.38 is still not supported to place calls from an extension?

Is there a way to send faxes using the integrated 3CX V4, or fax support is "receive only" right now?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The T.38 fax has to be enabled on the Patton Gateway. Then, any call that is a fax will be forwarded to our fax service. You can also forward all calls on a particular line to the fax extension on 3CX - will then receive it as a fax.

As for outbound only - not sure if this should effect 3cx since we dont handle it. Does the SPA2100 drop the call or does 3CX drop the call?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rnoguera

In the configutation for the PATTON Gateway generated by 3CX we find these lines:

profile voip default
    codec 1 g711alaw64k rx-length 20 tx-length 20
    codec 2 g711ulaw64k rx-length 20 tx-length 20

profile voip fax_enabled
    codec 1 g711alaw64k rx-length 20 tx-length 20
    codec 2 g711ulaw64k rx-length 20 tx-length 20
    fax transmission 1 relay t38-udp

But the "fax_enabled" voip profile is not used afterwards, when the SIP interfaces are created. "default" is used instead:

interface sip sipif0
    bind gateway sipgw0
    service default

Is this a mistake or this is correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.