3CX V9 Free and iiNET (AU)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by milde, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milde

Greetings community,

I am in the process of trialing the Free edition of 3CX. All has gone well except for configuration of the SIP trunk. I know the iiNET config has been answered many times before this, but from what I can tell they were all single number iiNETphone setups.

What we have is a 10 DID trunk with 4 channels noted by 038060xxxx. We have to use a different number to authenticate with the SIP server 038060zzzz. 3CX will register the trunk without problems. We can make outbound calls. We can also receive calls if we dial the 038060zzzz user name. However, none of the DID's work. Noting here that the username is not a DID.

When dialing each of the DID, nothing is logged. It's as if the provider has no idea how to find any of the DIDs. If feels as if each of the DIDs need to register with the SIP provider. I have tried creating 10 different VOIP providers each with a different external number and they all fail to register bar the original one.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Kind regards,

Ed

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

First you will have to add all the dids on the DID tab for the source provider and then you can route them how you wish.

You may also have to change the source id on that tab.

3cx works by parsing the uri in the invite. But different providers put different things in the request (as there is nothing really in the rfc about the exact format). So you have to look at the invite request and see where and how they put the DID (when I say how, some do it in local format (e.g 0313i4xxxx etc) others do it in national format (e.g 1323487272 in the us) and others do it in international format (E.g. +1332434234 ) so you can use wild card (*) in a mask to match it.

Then you need to see where the DID is placed. Most put it in the request uri (e.g. sip:<did>@<ip>:<port> but others put the authid or username in place of the did and put the did in the To field. Once you know how they do it you can tell 3cx on the sourceid tab what to look for and where to look for it. Then it will route.

If you cannot see the full invite request then turn debugging to verbose and restart services.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.