3CX v9: IVR caching messages and playing obsolete messages

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by flurk, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flurk

Hello,

I've constructed a setup for 3CX v9 where the prompts of 5 IVR's change every hour. The prompts can be quite long, up to 8 minutes each.
    The IVR number 1 is set to play "message_1.wav" (IVR 2 plays "message_2.wav" and so on...). Every hour that "Message_x.wav" is overwritten and replaced by a new file "message_x.wav". This happens without 3CX knowing it.
    The queer thing is that the IVR's keep playing outdated files, even if they have been physically deleted and replaced in the folder "\\myserver\c$\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts". Even after twelve hours and twelve changes, I still hear a 12 hour old prompt.
    3CX caches the files somewhere, probably in memory. As a test i tried deleting an up-to-date prompt, while it is being replayed. This is possible. The 2 minute message is played until the end.
    Sometimes things work as they should: if i manually replace a prompt with a short test-message, that test-message is immediately loaded and replayed. I have no explanation why this works correctly.

Rebooting 3CX is one solution. But is there another solution to force 3CX to refresh the prompts without rebooting?

thanks,
    regards,
    FlurkFromBrussels

2. flurk

Re: 3CX v9: IVR caching messages and playing obsolete messag

I found the solution to my problem:
    simply recycle the 3CX-IVR service with the cmd "sc stop 3CXivr" and then "sc start 3cxIVR".
    Then the new messages will be loaded.

Flurk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.