Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Vad Recording Feature

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by akmag47, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akmag47

I'm fairly new to using 3CX VAD so please bear with me. I'm trying to build an application that includes voice recognition as one of its features and after consulting the forums, I was able to get some feedback with some suggestions regarding .net dll files or javascript api. But the initial process requires recording the user's voice.

I'm trying to record user prompts (yes or no) using 3CX VAD but I'm not getting the results I'm looking for.
    My 3CX vad application is installed on a remote server which I access to. This server does not have 3CX phone system on it but I set my project to access the 3CX phone system using the Activation Ext.

I assign the variable path of where I want the recorded audio to be, in this case, it's "\\recorded" which I assume is going to be stored in: "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\recorded". However, the file is not being created there and whenever I call the extension and try to record the user prompt, I get the prompt "object underscore underscore jason content". Can anyone point me to the right direction from here?

Thanks!

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there!

In first place, please note that the application is actually running on the 3CX server. The 3CX Voice Application Designer is a development tool, which lets you creating the app, and then you deploy that app to the 3CX server.

Then, please also note that the application runs under a web server (IIS or Abyss depending on your setup). The web server by default will not let you write outside the app folder structure, so you can't write a file in your user profile. Just set the name without path, and then read it in the same way. If you just set the name, it will be created at "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ProjectName_BuildNumber". The BuildNumber will change every time you build your project, so if you need a static folder just use the relative path '..\\MyFile.wav' and you will be creating the file in the upper folder.

Hope the information helps.

Kind regards.

3. akmag47

Thank you very much! I got access to the server containing the 3cx phone system and I saw where that wav file is residing.
    I downloaded the wav file and it is exactly as the user (me) has said.

I'd like to know if what I'm doing is right though. I'd like to replay the sound byte that has been recorded from the user.
    I initially set it to the "Result" variable which according to the manual, exposes the recording result. But it always either returns to me the "Stop Digit" or "Stop By Silence" sound byte. I also tried audioID as the manual says that it contains the variable containing the audio that can be used to play back to the user, but it always returns to me "object underscore underscore jason content". Is this the expected result or is it the cause of some misconfiguration?

4. VAD_Support

Hi there,

The Record component lets you save the audio to a wav file, or just keep it in memory.

If you want to play the audio back, you have 2 options, both using a Prompt Playback component:
    1) Add a "Recorded Audio Prompt" to the prompt collection of your Prompt Playback component. Then set the AudioId property to your RecordComponent.AudioId.
    2) Add a "Dynamic Audio File Prompt" and specify your file name. Please note that the file name is an expression, so if you're using a constant name you need to use single quotes.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Kind regards.

5. akmag47

I tested it out and got the prompts from both methods.
    I was mistaken initially in that I used the wrong type of prompt to get the result.

Thank you very much for clearing that up!

6. VAD_Support

You're welcome, glad to hear the issue has been solved.
    Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.