3CX VAD Script do not answer the call

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by coreun, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreun

Hi Team.
    My name is Luis and I work in post sales department in Kaizen (Spain). We are making some Probe of Concept with VAD and we have seen that the script we have made do not anything at all. The script is quite simple, only reproduces a .wav and transfers the call to another extension -simple, isn't it?-. The issue is that the "digital recepcionist" registers perfectly, and when we call from an extension to the registration number (it doesn't matter to the deployment or to the debug extension) calls are seen as "connected", but the user only which is calling hears ringback tone (instead of the .wav) and nothing happens.
    In the same way, by the time to gather "debug files" we have an error message "could not retrieve information files from 3CX Server".
    Please, can you help us?. We are really blocked because we don't know exactly how to proceed. It seems that the scripts and the content are correct (we wanted to begin with an extremely simple script) but we can't go ahead with the real script ellaboration unless we solve the current issue.
    Thanks in advance.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Luis,

What's the format of your wav file? Please note that it MUST be PCM 8khz Mono 16 bits per sample, otherwise the IVR will not play it.

If you're using a different format, then please change it to the required format.

If the format is correct, then please follow this guide to troubleshoot your app:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troublesho ... lications/

Kind regards.
    Ernesto.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coreun

Dear Ernesto.

Thanks a lot for the information provided. I have checked the .wav file and it seems to fit the requirements (it's the "tada.wav" file belonging to Windows operating System).
    On the other hand, I provide for you a couple of links. This is the link to download a couple of projects and a link to a folder where you can see the effect of the issue we are "suffering".

(Nothing Happens Video -call connected to the digital recepcionist but caller only hears the ringback tone)

https://app.box.com/s/9zy96m1fal4w8wa8asjkoq0d0wrxzhk2

(No debug file exists)
    https://app.box.com/s/de5lnfdaajokt6eanmboic0r68n8i135

(The whole projects folders)
    There are two scripts, one complex "connectis" and other one named "facil"

https://app.box.com/s/09sk1p82bshxs5savgu2ghw55i16rebv

Please, take a look to the videos because it's better to see it than explain in an email.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Luis,

The audio file format is not the correct format. Please check the attached screenshot "AudioFormat.png" showing that the format is PCM 44100Hz Estéreo 16 bits per sample. It should be PCM 8000Hz Mono 16 bits per sample. You need to convert it to the required format to play that file.

There are audio convertion tools online you can use for this, for example: http://online-audio-converter.com/

In any case, you need to check the IVR logs from "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3CXIvrServer.log" or "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3CXIvrServer.trace.log", which will give you pointers about the error.

Kind regards.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. coreun

Dear Ernesto.
    Thanks a lot for your help but unfortunately, the issue might not be related to prompt format. In fact, reviewing the log files, I see an error that seems to be very common and possibly well known for you (considering the number of forum entries with similar issues). The error is "Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBinet'. Error ID 303. I have attache for you both log files that you suggested.
    On the other hand, if I set the following URL into a browser, nothing happens.
    Please, can you tell me why I get this error?. I suspect this is the main problem.
    Best regards.
    Luis C..

Attached Files:

6. coreun

Dear Ernesto.
    We finally were able to make some steps in the script creation. We reinstalled completely W7 64bits, 3CX Phone System and VAD and now, it seems that the scripts are becoming active (and debug too).
    the aim of this script is making a text file reading to get number of contracts but I'm having some trouble with file management, we suspect we are not reading in the correct way. I would be very grateful if you can confirm to me the right way to open in reading mode a file. Can you?. I'm doing in the way you can see in the attached picture. Can you confirm whether this way is Ok?, do you have any predefined example? (reading a line from a .txt file) -I have read your .doc and it seems to be done usind .dll but I'm not familiar at all with such language and open a simple .txt would be great!. From my side I will investigate and try by myself the rest of the script options (at least I know now it's working as expected) and I won't disrupt you anymore.
    Thanks in advance, Ernesto.

Attached Files:

7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Luis,

You're using the following expression for the file name:
    "C:\contratos\contrato.txt"

But the back slash is a special character, and needs to be escaped. Also, you should use single quotes and not double quotes. So please try with the following expression:
    'C:\\contratos\\contrato.txt'

Also, please note that depending on the web server you use (Abyss or IIS), you might not be able to access the file from outside the application folder. In that case, you might need to put the file into the folder "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\ivr".

Kind regards.

8. coreun

Dear Ernesto.
    Thanks a lot for your email. We have recorded the prompts, set the menus, etc. and now it seems that the script structure is fine but the file reading still fails. In fact, we have make a debug trace and see that it do not read anything. In my humble opinion it is not actually reading the file. I have tryed both using the nomenclature suggested, copyed onto the path ...\ivr, change the xtension name from .txt to .csv ... reading the whole file or only one line .... but nothing happens. Do you have any example of .txt file reading script? (our file only have one line !!).
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I've been doing some tests, and I realized that the file name is not an expression, so quotes must not be there. The file name should be just:
    C:\\contratos\\contrato.txt

But you need the double slash, as that will be inserted into a constant string value, and if you don't add the double slashes you will get an error.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.