3CX VAD v15

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by imagemaster, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imagemaster

Any word on when version v15 will be released? We can't upgrade the phone system until VAD is compatible with v15.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

We're working on the upgrade, but we don't have an ETA yet. Please keep an eye on the 3CX blog, we'll be anouncing the release there as soon as it becomes available.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. simonjh88

I asked the same question on the SP3 blog post... This is the response I got:

Nick Galea
    We are working on it, we need more time. A few more months but can not give exact time frame. We can say its going to be much better though with more integration and integrated into queue
    1 1 Rate This
    October 31, 2016 at 8:43 pm

I was told on the phone yesterday by Sales that it originally was Oct/Nov and it's now probably Nov/Dec.

Dates keep moving but nobody seems to know when it seems.

5. deanril@yahoo.com

Any update as to when VAD will work with v15?

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, we're working hard on the changes to the VAD to make it work in v15, both in Windows and Linux. This requires a lot of changes, and a lot of testing, so it's taking longer than what we originally expected, but we hope to make a release soon. There is no ETA yet, but it will be pretty soon.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. deanril@yahoo.com

Thanks for the update

8. dkeethler

Any updates? We have several clients asking for this. Why didn't 3CX complete VAD 15 BEFORE releasing version 15? Doesn't seem like a smart move...

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @dkeethler,

We're working on the changes, currently on testing phase, the release will be soon, but there is no ETA yet. Meanwhile you can install 3CX v14 and develop apps with the VAD for v14, which works as usual. You just need to wait a bit to migrate to v15.

Kind regards.

10. ymchao001

Hi,
    Same doubt here. I can't move pbx back to v14 now and I need VAD v15. Kindly convey our concerns to your seniors.

11. ymchao001

Hi,
    Same doubt here. I can't move pbx back to v14 now and I need VAD v15. Kindly convey our concerns to your seniors.

12. ghalan

Hey @edossantos,

The upgrade VAD V14 to V15 is supported ? We have hard/strong configurations VAD on V14, and we don't wan create from scratch the VAD on V15.

Rgds,

Yves

13. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Yves,

The migration from v14 to v15 will be as smooth as possible. But unfortunately there are features that will need to be manually migrated. For example, in v15 there will not be javascript support anymore, and that will be changed to C# code. If you have javascript code in a v14 project, you will need to change it to C#, we can't do that automatically.

Kind regards.

14. telis

telis New Member

Hi,

We have just got half way through a 3CX v12.5 to v15 upgrade and have realized the VAD application is not going to work.

Do you have any idea when the VAD will be implemented in V15,

Phillip Edwards.

15. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

telis and earthwing like this.
  16. telis

telis New Member

OK, thanks for letting me know.

17. mkudlacek

Which version of VXML will the upcoming release of VAD be using?

18. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The VAD for v15 will not use VXML anymore. That's why this is such a big change. 3CX v15 doesn't have VXML support, so the VAD will output .NET portable DLLs instead, which will work both in Windows and Linux 3CX servers.

19. usa2

20. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, we're testing it now, there should not be any problem to meet the deadline...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.