• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX - Valcom VIP-801 + V-2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

isma

Reaction score
Hi I just setup my client with 3CX (yeah!) and I bought an Valcom VIP-801 module to link his existing intercom speakers (V-2001) to his new phone system.

My problem is that we have a very bad echo and quality of voice.

We tried from a Gradnstream GXP2100 and Cisco 508G without any change in quality.

Anyone has an idea ?

Francois

I am not sure I really understand the setup as the 801 is fundamentally a SIP endpoint device. It should answer the call and then provide an output. The v2001 is a page control device. It normally takes analog signals and determines what is going to be sent to the paging amplifier and speakers or combined amp/speakers. The 2001 is typically used when you have background music that you want to play over the paging system. Should a page need to be made, the page source causes a relay to cease the music source and flip to the page source. When the page is complete, the relay the returns back to the music. I assume your client has more than one source of audio needs.

I don't think changing a phone out will do a thing. Your best bet is to call Valcom with a complete description of the system, what is desired, your current implementation and issues and see what they have to say/recommend. You will need to advise them on the speakers and amplifiers as well. This sounds more like an audio compatibility issue and Valcom is pretty good.

Turns out I forgot to ajust the TX and RX volume of the module ...

Darn to I feel dumb ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.