Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX - Valcom VIP-801 + V-2001

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by isma, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isma

Hi I just setup my client with 3CX (yeah!) and I bought an Valcom VIP-801 module to link his existing intercom speakers (V-2001) to his new phone system.

My problem is that we have a very bad echo and quality of voice.

We tried from a Gradnstream GXP2100 and Cisco 508G without any change in quality.

Anyone has an idea ?

Francois

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure I really understand the setup as the 801 is fundamentally a SIP endpoint device. It should answer the call and then provide an output. The v2001 is a page control device. It normally takes analog signals and determines what is going to be sent to the paging amplifier and speakers or combined amp/speakers. The 2001 is typically used when you have background music that you want to play over the paging system. Should a page need to be made, the page source causes a relay to cease the music source and flip to the page source. When the page is complete, the relay the returns back to the music. I assume your client has more than one source of audio needs.

I don't think changing a phone out will do a thing. Your best bet is to call Valcom with a complete description of the system, what is desired, your current implementation and issues and see what they have to say/recommend. You will need to advise them on the speakers and amplifiers as well. This sounds more like an audio compatibility issue and Valcom is pretty good.

3. isma

Turns out I forgot to ajust the TX and RX volume of the module ...

Darn to I feel dumb ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.