3cx ver 14 server not seeing phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by David10, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David10

Hi All,

Strange one here and i hoping someone else has had this. Setting up new install and had problems with the phones not provisioning with the server. So ran wire shark and could see the phones are pulling up the pro info but when they try and talk to the 3CX the 3Cx comes back and says that it can't find the phones.

Also in the phones section of the programming it is blank as if it can't see anything on the network even thou we have had three different phones plugged in and pulling up the pro files.

I have taken the PC that is running the software but to the office and run it with different switches and still got the same problem, the PC is running windows 10 pro.

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX server log show? Is there a registration attempt? What does "can't find the phone" mean, is that a log?
    Are the sets using the IP of the server, or FQDN?

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Are all the 3CX services started?

I've seen this where the customer will run the firewall checker and forget to restart the services after. The phones can still pull the configuration files and the management interface functions but no registrations will occur.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. David10

It was the services!

We had spent all day trying to set up vlans and get this all working that we missed this. The PC had been rebooted and we even brought it back to the office to try it in our lab.

Only a few of the services were on and when we restarted all the phone came up as good as gold. Just need to sort the vlans out now and happy days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.