3CX (ver 8) + SN 4114 no incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nml, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nml

nml

I am sitting at a client site right now with 3CX version 8 running on server 2003, 2 patton SN 4114's to the PSTN (US). The calls are going crazy coming in. Some calls I get "ParserError. This Shouldnt happen" and points to one of the caller ID lines. Other calls just hang up after 1 ring, and still other calls just ring and ring. This is urgent.

I have re-generated the config files and re-deployed them. I have tried firmware 5.2 and 5.4 with the same effect.

Outgoing calls are ok. Incoming calls either ring, crash with some parser error in the caller ID, or hang up after 1 ring.

What should I try next?

2. nml

nml

This is supposed to be in the 3CX forum, not the Voip Phone forum. Sorry, my mind is completely burned out right now trying to figure out what to do next.

EDIT: moved into the General section by Vali_3CX

3. nml

nml

Ok, I realize Ive posted this in the wrong forum, so can an admin move it?

I discovered that hooking up the SN4114 (4 FXO) to our PSTN lines, one of three things happens with an inbound call:
    1. The patton answers and sends the call to 3CX, at which point in time the 3CX doesnt know how to parse the caller ID and terminates the call.
    2. The patton doesnt answer the call, nor registers the call as coming in (no status LED blinking on ring cadence), and it rings forever.
    3. The patton answers and immediately disconnects the call.

If I try the same patton in another location with a different telco, it works fine. So, theres gotta be something in the way these phone lines are set up. But what could it be? These lines work FINE with a Cisco FXO and a Grandstream 5028 IP PBX. What doesnt the patton like about my incoming calls with these particular lines?

4. nml

nml

Ok, so, disregarding the details of this setup -- can somebody tell me the reasons why an FXO port wouldn't answer?

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

It could be that the problematic Telco is not using the correct call progress tones for the current country you are in so the Patton doesn't recognise that the line is actually ringing. It could also be the line impedance and voltage and a host of other things.

Can you hook the Patton up to the lines that work and get some details from the logs about the line statistics for impedance and voltage?

I'd be checking the Patton config Doc's at http://www.patton.com/support/

and also be calling Patton support to see if they can assist over the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If you are a 3CX Partner and this is a commercial edition, please contact support so that they may help you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Can you please send us at nb@3cx.com the logs of the server? Make sure they are in verbose mode and that contain this parsing issue you are seeing. Are you using secure sip by any chance?

8. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I have seen this as a common issue. Luckily it has a east fix.

Give this a try,

In the Patton, go to PSTN Profiles, and in each of the 4 Profiles, you will see a Disconnect Setting (The exact name escapes me as I am not looking at a Patton right now)

You will see that by default both Loop Break and Busy Tone are Selected.

De-Select Loop break and use only busy tone. That should clear the problems. This should prevent the FXO from "Not picking up".

Essentially the Patton in this case sees the lines as busy, since it is looking for BOTH a Loop break and Busy tone to signal a disconnect. Your provider will only send one, and the Patton gets stuck in Limbo. So a Call comes in, and the Patton misses the signal as it thinks it is already on a call.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.