Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Version 11: DNS resolution/Network Failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adnanj85, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adnanj85

hi Guys,

I need an urgent help, all of a sudden my sip trunks have started registering it self and then failing it self.
    It has started from last month and now keeps on bugging every once a week.
    Few days works fine and then again starts giving registration fail DNS/Network Failure issue.
    I have reported My ISP: Response no issue
    Reported Fonet: Response no issue

Returning Error:
    Event source: 3CXPhoneSystem
    Registration at 7734 **** has failed. Destination (sip:*****@gw1.fonet.dk:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

If i register the same account directly on IP Phone, it gives no error at all, which gives me a conclusion there is nothing wrong with router settings neither the ISP, account registration fails only from 3CX Management Console.

Please help on it.

Regards,
    Adnan.

2. kevin

kevin Member

@adnanj85

A Wireshark Capture would help you to understand if the PBX makes a DNS resolution that fails, of if the PBX makes a REGISTER request to the provider that is ignored or refused in some way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could try changing a few settings (depending on how you have it set-up currently) to try to pinpoint the problem.

Many people simply use their router as a DNS relay, the router usually defaulting to a couple of DNS servers "handed out" by their provider.

You could try putting the DNS server information into the server/PC running 3CX rather than relaying through the router.

You could try using another DNS server. A quick search on the net will give you some to try out.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/a/free-public-dns-servers.htm

Google also provides a couple, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Make note of current settings before changing anything, then, make a change and see if there is an improvement, if not, change it back and move onto something else.

4. kevin

kevin Member

@adnanj85

This is the sort of issue for which 3CX Support exists ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.