Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Version 3.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WINWARE, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WINWARE

Is 3CX Version still supported? Since we can not seem to make Version 5.0 work, we need to know if there are any fixes or improvments to version 3.1.

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Version 5 already picked up all features at V3.1. Therefore, 3CX should be no plan to add-on any advance features into it. If you still keep in V3.1, you will lost most advance features such as BLF, FAX and etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WINWARE

Well has all the problems progress in the Version 5.0, it seems as though they would continue improving 3.1 which works. We are run a Mediant 1000 PRI off of a T1, which works pretty well with Version 3.1, but we are in need of some of the improvements that are in Version 5. However, for some reason the Version 5.0 does not seem to work with the Mediant 1000 PRI, which is not very old technology. It seems as though when the software companies do an upgrade to their software it would not require the end user to have to replace all their already working hardware. I understand that if the hardware is older than dirty there is not much choice, but when you take a device that is just over a year old; it does not make since.

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please let us know your exact problems for upgrade from V3.1 to V5 with your Mediant 1000 PRI gateway. Actually, I'm also hit few issues for this upgrade. My gateway (Patton SN4960 PRI T1) also works fine with V3.1. However, it cannot fully works with V5 by default setting. Such as it unable to accepted incoming calls, unable to send caller id to Telco and etc. At that period, we use so many times overnight to try to find out what's wrong at the setting. But no luck. OK. We give up to use V5. Then downgrade 3CX to V3.1, all the things are back to normal.

But V3.1's features not fully satisfy most of users. Most end users are request BLF function. V3.1 can? NO, it cannot. Lucky, 3CX support team send us the new template for generate the new gateway config file for V5. It works except the caller id for send to Telco. Since it is not the 3CX issue. We fixed it by work with Telco's support.

We are now can success to use one gateway for two different version of 3CX Phone system V3.1 and V5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WINWARE

We to are unable to receive calls. Recording come on and says the number has been diconnected. We have taken the phone system down many nights trying to make this thing work with no luck what so ever. I sent the Support Genrated Logs to the vendor today, so maybe they can figure it out.

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi,

It seems the same issue applied at different gateway as well. If you don't mind, I would like to have a copy of those debug log (3CX console log and gateway debug log) as well. My email address is 5qg4 at ccx.ath.cx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.