3cx Version 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Healy, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healy

Hi
    I'm trying to provision Snom handsets (300s, 320s & 360s) on 3cx version 9. The PC is running vista pro. Starting with the SNOM 360 running FW7.1.3. Long story short I cant get the firmware to update successfully so the handsets cant be identified & wont auto provision.
    I got into the phone itself and am telling it where to find the provisioning file but I don't know where that is on the PC.
    Internal IP is 19.2168.1.44 so I went to setup/advanced/update.Update policy is set to update automatically & I set the URL to 192.168.1.44:5000/provisioning/cfg{mac} as I found that for V11 of the software. It reboots perfectly but isn't finding the provisioning file.
    I did a search through the PC directories but nothing jumping out for me. Does anyone know what URL I should use for v9?
    Any help gratefully appreciated.

2. carolinainnovative

Wow. Version 9. Ok.

I can't recall if V9 uses this folder or not - it has been a while - but presuming it is smart enough to use PRogramData like v10, 11, 12, etc use - try here:
    c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning

In XP/2003 versions of windows, it was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ I believe, but don't quote me on that. It has been a while.

Once you find the appropriate folder, then you should be able to find the file itself. You could also set a DHCP option 66 entry, which should help it load both the firmware and the provisioning file.

Lastly, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading to a newer release, especially if there is ANY internet access AT ALL to that phone system. Security, features, etc have been GREATLY - and I mean GREATLY improved since v9.

Best of luck to you,

Chavous Camp

3. Healy

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a lash. Regards the version of 3cx, I was of the understanding that v9 is the latest that will run on vista. Am I incorrect in that?

4. carolinainnovative

Per https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/ version 10 was the last vista compatible version but I would seriously consider upgrading the whole box. You will find support rapidly dwindle, even for 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.