Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Version 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Healy, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healy

Hi
    I'm trying to provision Snom handsets (300s, 320s & 360s) on 3cx version 9. The PC is running vista pro. Starting with the SNOM 360 running FW7.1.3. Long story short I cant get the firmware to update successfully so the handsets cant be identified & wont auto provision.
    I got into the phone itself and am telling it where to find the provisioning file but I don't know where that is on the PC.
    Internal IP is 19.2168.1.44 so I went to setup/advanced/update.Update policy is set to update automatically & I set the URL to 192.168.1.44:5000/provisioning/cfg{mac} as I found that for V11 of the software. It reboots perfectly but isn't finding the provisioning file.
    I did a search through the PC directories but nothing jumping out for me. Does anyone know what URL I should use for v9?
    Any help gratefully appreciated.

2. carolinainnovative

Wow. Version 9. Ok.

I can't recall if V9 uses this folder or not - it has been a while - but presuming it is smart enough to use PRogramData like v10, 11, 12, etc use - try here:
    c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning

In XP/2003 versions of windows, it was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ I believe, but don't quote me on that. It has been a while.

Once you find the appropriate folder, then you should be able to find the file itself. You could also set a DHCP option 66 entry, which should help it load both the firmware and the provisioning file.

Lastly, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading to a newer release, especially if there is ANY internet access AT ALL to that phone system. Security, features, etc have been GREATLY - and I mean GREATLY improved since v9.

Best of luck to you,

Chavous Camp

3. Healy

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a lash. Regards the version of 3cx, I was of the understanding that v9 is the latest that will run on vista. Am I incorrect in that?

4. carolinainnovative

Per https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/ version 10 was the last vista compatible version but I would seriously consider upgrading the whole box. You will find support rapidly dwindle, even for 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.