Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Version ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gisvpn, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gisvpn

Hello,

I hope I am posting this in the right section, apologies if not.

I am looking to use 3CX with 3 Cisco 7941 phones. I am looking to set them up with my current VOIP provider (voipfone.co.uk) and also access the local PSTN so I am assuming that I can add in a FXO card and set this up. I am not sure if the free edition will achieve this. It mentioned in the product comparison that you cannot SIP Trunk with the free edition, does that mean I cannot connect it to my Voipfone account (just one number and allow the 3 Cisco's to use this SIP line ? These are the questions I think I need help on :

1. Can I add in an FXO card for local PSTN access (both ways) - can someone recommend one for use in the UK ?
    2. Can I set up 3CX to connect to my voipfone account for calls (both ways)
    3. I will be installing this on Windows 7 Ultimate - is 3CX compatible with this ?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

GISVPN

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

You need to use supported hardware and services

So for a VoIP provider, use a supported VoIP provider in the UK such as Spitfire, VoIp Unlimited
    As a gateway, use a Patton or Grandstream
    As phones, use CISCO SPA phones, not Cisco 7941 phones

You can do SIP trunking with the free version too. Yes, you can install it on Windows 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gisvpn

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the reply and the information, i'll check out the supproted hardware and services for the voip provider and gateway. With regards to using the Cisco 7941's is there a problem with this. I was hoping to reuse this hardware instead of purchasing some more ?

Regards,

GISVPN

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

You can try to use the CISCO 7941, here is a config guide.

However its not supported, that is to say we do not regularly re check with the latest firmware nor do our support department support it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. comresource

comresource Member

Also keep in mind that the Cisco 7941 even with the SIP firmware will not display BLF information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.