Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX -- Vista, No Outbound Audio

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tgibb, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgibb

Hello,

I'm trying to get the 3CX phone working for an outsource employee of my company but we seem to be experiencing a bit of a snag, and I'm not entirely sure if it's a setting of the 3CX, or possibly just a hardware problem on their end.

Here is a screenshot of their phone, registered and connected, with the system:

Everything has connected okay and the employee is able to make/receive calls, and they can hear the audio, but we are not able to hear them talking back to us. They are using Windows Vista and have a Logitech USB Headset. We've obviously done troubleshooting steps like making sure that the microphone is not muted, plugged in correctly, etc.

If there is anything that you could recommend, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Usually, in cases when an "internet-connected" (related to PBX) phone does not have audio incoming, the first connection setting to be checked is that the PBX IP is specified into the "I am out of the office - extern IP" - that will force the phone to use STUN to proper resolve audio ports. As a reverse, an "intranet-connected" (related to PBX) phone should NOT use "I am out of the office - extern IP" field, but "I am in the office - local IP", otherwise the STUN will "loose" audio. Always, a good test of proper use of STUN for incoming audio is to dial 999 - if the DR is not heard, then you have to reverse STUN usage.

Then
    In case of a default/first installation on a machine having headsets and/or more sound devices installed on the system, is should be checked - into the preferences dialog - to which device phone's audio events are "routed" or mapped. By default, they are all assigned to the machine's default devices. In case of using headsets, almost sure you will have to set in the preference for "Microphone" the headset's device, otherwise speaking into headset's mic will have no (audible) effect.

Try these two first and, if does not work, we will try something else. Good luck!

vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tgibb

The settings are set to Extern IP with the correct address, so she's registered properly with the system.

If we go in to the preferences and make a change to the Sound Devices, her status changes from"On Hook" and "Available" to "Not Registered" and "Not Connected".
    I'm not sure if it's just the headset that she's using because she is able to hear us, we're just not able to hear her.

She is going to be returning her headset and I was curious as to if there was a specific brand or type(RCA/USB) that would work better that I could recommend.
    Any other suggestions?

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hmm :roll:

Changing audio devices from preferences IT IS followed by a reconnection, that's why it's seen "Not Registered" and "Not Connected", but this should be only a transitional state, followed shortly by the "On Hook"-"Available".

So, if with actual devices it connects, when you change them does not connect, and when reverting back it connects again, then only one explanation might be: playback and/or ringing devices you set failed to initialize. To check this, open the debug window and do these changes - if there are something wrong with them, you will see in that window.

Good luck
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.