Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX - Vista

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Healy, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healy

Hi. Im setting up the 3cx system and running a vista server. My handsets arent seeing the server & I think the issue is somewhere in the DHCP setup. Vista hasnt got a DHCP server console so I dowloaded DHCP Turbo 4 to see if that would allow me to configure the handsets MAC addresses etc. I also set up the Option 66 as described in the manual but no joy.
    Can anyone suggest something I may be missing. I'm new to 3CX so I appreciate any assistance & advice.
    Handsets are polycom 430 by the way.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A few things -

You did not mention which version of Vista, so it may not be supported and presumably could have some issues.

In any event, I do not believe the Polycom yet support plug 'n play. It may depend on the firmware version. They have done some relatively recent updates and all, but also 3CX is shying away from Polycom over the past could of years. Don't let that deter you as you need to visit the blog and do a search for Polycom and provision and you will find instructions on how to.

I suggest you do one manually (only takes a couple of minutes) to ensure that all is well.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I've run it on XP.. won't much matter which flavor of Vista.

Use a tool called "DHCP Explorer" to verify your scope option 66 is presented to the DHCP client.
    Second, the string should make sense for your Polycom unit.. meaning it should be able to "use" what is given.

My only experience was with some SPIP 5000 units for different clients.. which I simply would not recommend versus the older analog units and an ATA.

4. Healy

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'll try that.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

What firmware are you using on the polycoms? If its an older firmware there are times issues with 3cx, I'd suggest upgrading the firmwae if it os not yet to 4.0.xxxxx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.