3cx Voicemail question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GBM, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBM

GBM

I have a easy question regarding a voicemail feature that my service providers says 3cx does not provide.

While listening to a voicemail I would like to rewind a couple of seconds or fast forward a couple of seconds.

My service provider says this is not possible. Really this seams so basic.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

That is partially correct. There is no provision to go back and forth a couple of seconds if the vmail is retrieved via a phone (only).

Likely, in the scheme of things, the point is to be able to have voice mail and this particular feature is not deemed as a make or break function. You can repeat the message or choose to delete, but not regress or fast forward thru some segment or seconds.

There are a few times when I wish I could go back a few seconds to pick up a phone number that the caller has left..........just knowing that I was already pencil in hand when he spoke the number at the speed of light.

However, you can play the message back using the client tools which then makes use of the MS media player in which case you can go back and forth however much or little you desire.

3. GBM

GBM

Thanks Inelbett for the reply. I understand your reply and completely get it.

I have been using voice mail for almost 30 years and all the prior systems I have used have this basic feature. You are correct I use it when someone rattles off a number or a name and either no pen handy or they are mumbling requiring a quick rewind. Either way if this is the end of a 3 minute VM you do not want to re-listen to the message. Or even better yet you want to fast forward someone's message who is droning on and on.

Hopefully someone from 3cx monitors this site and will add this to a feature list.

Unbelievably basic function that should have been in version 1.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.