3CX VoIP Audio/Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by athorne, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athorne

Hello,
    I work for an IT firm in which some of our clients are experiencing constant call drops and also constant "popping" and "gurgling". They describe the gurgling as a robotic voice when the person begins to speak. They are using softphones in their office, and they say they experience it with both the phone and a headset.

Is this a known problem within 3CX VoIP? Also is there any known ways to fix this problem so they can have better audio and more consistent connection?

Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Voice quality when using VoIP can be affected by a number of factors. Given that a number of devices are having the same issue, and I'm assuming that this is all is happening at the same location, then my first "suspect" would be the network itself. It could be an overall bandwidth issue, or could be caused by a network device that is passing the traffic.

I would check the network for not only speed (both directions), but also latency.
    Check to see if this happens at all hours, or only during busy times.
    Move a device as close to the modem/router/server as possible, eliminating any switch in-between, see if that makes a difference.

Did this problem just start, or has it been an issue all along?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.