3CX VoIP Client 1.17 ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tc02, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc02

There was another 3cx VoIP client wherein the help/about said "3CX Phone 1.17" and the executable file properties indicate :
    comment = VoIP Softphone
    company = Heiko Sommerfeldt
    file version = 1.17
    internal name = PhonerLite
    original filename = PhonerLite.exe
    product name = PhonerLite
    product version = 1.17

This client has a lot of good convenient features to show detailed statuses and troubleshooting information. Is this client still available or an updated version ?

[​IMG]

2. bhavank

bhavank New Member

much better and new version with many features is available. But its still Beta, please check under download section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tc02

3CX VoIP Client features / useability ?

So, 3CX VoIP Client 5.1.4132 is the latest and this is the replacement for the quite different UI in 1.17 ?

[​IMG]

What seems to be missing from this version compared to the 1.17 version is the Statistics tab panel, the Messages tab panel, the Audio Input & Output volume sliders, Conference button, Redial button, and Codec information in the Active Call panel. Maybe these features are there and I just don't where to look.
    On the whole, it seems that the 1.17 version had more features easily accessible on tabs in the main view ... not requiring menu navigation to find them.

I'm commenting on this in case a product manager is viewing this forum and might benefit from the useability comment. Also, in case I've overlooked some improvements in 5.1.4132, others can point me to better appreciation of the benefits.

And, as I am new to 3CX, I am trying to understand the proper use of features and how to sucessfully make calls. I found 1.17 more intuitive. The Statistics tab in 1.17 is especially useful to see what the data flow is doing and whether (as in my case) there is a problem with incomming data (a NAT problem ?).

My next question will be how to call a SIP address (myfriend@sip.domain.net) - I get an immediate voice notice "your call cannot be connected as dialed". I will start another topic for that question so no need to answer that question here.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

The new 3CX Softphone is a completely new product with a different filosophy. Its first and formost a business VOIP phone for us with 3CX Phone System or other IP PBX. Its not a soft phone intended for us with any VOIP provider, although it can be used for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.