• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX VoIP Gateway registration Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

salim.shrestha

Reaction score
Hello,

Currently I am using 3cx v15 Standard edition with 16 simultaneous calls with Linksys SPA 3102 as VoIP Gateway. I have five SPA 3102. But only three among five are registered on the gateway. I have checked all the configuration on the gateway device and 3cx itself, everything is fine and intact. Is there restriction on number of gateways in standard edition? Please help.

Reactions: apldoor
Hello there,
No there is no restriction in the amount of gateways you can have on the standard version.
can you only register specific 3? If you de-register one can you register a different one? I would check the firmware version and usernames and passwords to start with and see if there are any differences between the configurations of the gateways.
Also please note that this gateway is not tested by 3cx and it's behaviour is unknown to us

Is it always just the two 3102's that won't register, no matter which others are removed? I would check the 3Cx Activity log right after poering up one of the "problem" units. See if there is an indication of a registration attempt, and/or any error messages. The 3102 had been a supported device in the past, and there is no reason that it should not continue to work as intended. Unfortunately Linksys has not seen fit to come up with a replacement since its discontinuation.

Hello there,
No there is no restriction in the amount of gateways you can have on the standard version.
can you only register specific 3? If you de-register one can you register a different one? I would check the firmware version and usernames and passwords to start with and see if there are any differences between the configurations of the gateways.
Also please note that this gateway is not tested by 3cx and it's behaviour is unknown to us

Thanks for the reply. Yup, when I de-register the one that is working, another one does registers in the 3cx. I checked it on one of my friend's 3cx with pro version, all sips registers on that version. I have no idea what's going on. All the gateways registers and work fine with v14.

Is it always just the two 3102's that won't register, no matter which others are removed? I would check the 3Cx Activity log right after poering up one of the "problem" units. See if there is an indication of a registration attempt, and/or any error messages. The 3102 had been a supported device in the past, and there is no reason that it should not continue to work as intended. Unfortunately Linksys has not seen fit to come up with a replacement since its discontinuation.

No that's not the case. When I remove other that's working, the one which isn't registered does registers and work fine. 3CX Activity log shows incorrect credentials. I have gateway credentials has been checked multiple times. All are correct and intact. I have no idea what's going on with v15. But the gateways work fine with v14.

Salim, could you please post the config of the SPA3102 as I can get the SPA registered but no incoming and outgoing calls
thx so much
BR
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.