Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX & Voip GSM Gateway, BUSY TONE "not detect"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gecomail, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gecomail

I have problem with a gateway gsm of Portech model MV-372.
    I can make and revice calls but when i call a busy number 3cx don't understand that this number is busy.
    I have send a request to Portech support and i have recived this response :

Thanks your email
    Please check Mobile\Settings\Lan answer mode. set it to " answered "
    also.. you need try SIP\Settings\SIP Responses 183 function.too.
    Best Regards

I have check this sets and i correct this on MV-372 but the problem is not fixed.
    In a previus release of 3cx this problem was present for outbound call that i made with voip provider, but the new version
    fix this bug (but not for voip gsm gateway).
    Can anyone help me, or suggest any king of changes on portech or 3cx.
    I use 3cx ver v5.1.4510.0.
    Thanks Buono Jury.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

MV-372 is the detector of "BUSY TONE".

P.S. Thanks for your post :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gecomail

Yes it is.
    I use MV-372 Portech as Gateway to make calls at cellular phone.
    I apologize for my bad English.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

My English is not better :)

I was very confused with following answer you received from Portech support:
    I cannot understand how "BUSY TONE" which is provided by gsm network and handled by MV-372 may be related to "SIP\Settings\SIP Responses 183 function".
    As a result:
    I cannot catch what kind of "bug" should be fixed in 3CX... :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gecomail

ok, the suggest og Portech support was not professional
    can you suggest me wath request can i make to portech's support for a serius tecnical response.
    Thank your for your patience, Buono Jury.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I'm not discussing the professionalism. I'm simply confused. :oops:
    MV-372 is not supported gateway. It is a GSM<->SIP gateway which is introduced in your initial post.
    If you are interesting to investigate the problem then describe problematic call scenario and provide logs (server status page or content of files in corresponding folder).
    Also WireShark tool may create a capture of network traffic made by PBX and gateway (if they are resided on the different hosts)

I hope a lot of things will become more clear

Thanks

7. gecomail

Sorry if i used a non good word, can you suggest another voip gateway gsm/umts certificated from 3cx ?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have exact same stuff and exact same issue. what i did to sort this out was to go into the mobile settings change the routing range from 25 to 25 over to 0 to 25. this then worked for me. let me know how you get on

But....

its made another issue which i think is codec related.

The gsm gateway works for calls made out from the office out using the outgoing rules, ive got all that to work fine. Where it stops working is if the call comes in from outside, hits a desk extension which then diverts via the gsm gateway to a mobile. what happens then is the person on the mobile can hear the caller but the caller cant hear them. its not ports as it works fine when not using gsm ie over a voip transfer. any ideas?!

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Try to play with 'Support re-invites', 'Support replaces' and 'PBX delivers audio' options of GSM gateway in PBX configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.