3CX VOIP Softphone android 2.0.5

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kkhan, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkhan

Hello I downloaded 3CXPhone for VoIP Providers ver 2.0.5 from "play store". It seems the "out of office" works intermittently. For some reason it only works once. To make it work again, I have to go back un-check and check and save "out of office" in my profile. But it only works for one time every time. I am running Android 4.1.2. Also, it would be nice, if the phone is in "out of office" state, it should have an "icon" indicating "out of office" state.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The last two versions have had the in/out of office icons. I have seen the phone switch between the two states when registration fails in one or the other. I would like to see the ability to "lock" the phone from switching.

Do you find this to happen at various hot spots, or just one particular location?

3. kkhan

Qoute 1. Response:
    version I have is 2.0.5 and it does have function to switch between in-office/out-of-office but Icon does not change for some reason. Is there a new version out there for Android VOIP client - Service Provider. All I can find is for Phone System V11/12.

Qoute 2. Respone:
    I have VOIP serivce at home. I am testing "Out of Office" at my home WiFi. I have not tried this feature from "Hot Spot" yet.
    I thought it would be using the same SIP border GW.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using the 3Cx phone with the 3CX PBX? My understanding is (and I have not tried this out) that both versions 11 and 12 will only work with 3CX. You have to be using an older version to work with a VoIP provider. If that is the case, then in, or, out of office has no meaning. You are always "out of office" when used with a VoIP provider.

If you are talking about using it with a PBX other than 3CX, then...you might have to work that out yourself using a pre V11/12 version.

5. kkhan

I am using "3cx voip android ver 2.0.5 Service Provider" client phone and I am not connecting to 3CX PBX Sys v11/12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.