Solved 3cx Vultar VPS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanshin, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanshin

I am quite new to 3CX and am hopeful that someone will know what the error I am receiving is related to. The install was performed on a $5.00 Vultar VPS instance and was able to get all the way to the end where it failed.

Has anyone ever experience this or possibly have some ideas as to how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Server error
    System.Exception: Error in CreatingCloudServerManagementDatabase.sql: 22023: new encoding (UTF8) is incompatible with the encoding of the template database (SQL_ASCII) ---> Npgsql.PostgresException: 22023: new encoding (UTF8) is incompatible with the encoding of the template database (SQL_ASCII) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.DoReadMessage(DataRowLoadingMode dataRowLoadingMode, Boolean isPrependedMessage) at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReadMessageWithPrepended(DataRowLoadingMode dataRowLoadingMode) at Npgsql.NpgsqlDataReader.NextResultInternal() at Npgsql.NpgsqlDataReader.NextResult() at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.Execute(CommandBehavior behavior) at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteScalarInternal() at PostInstall.DBConnection.ExecuteScriptInternal(NpgsqlConnection connection, String sqlQuery, IDictionary`2 parameters) at PostInstall.DBConnection.ExecuteScript(String sqlQuery, IDictionary`2 parameters) at _3CXCloudDBManager.DbConnectionExtensions.ExecuteScript(IDBConnection connection, Object configurationStructure, String scriptText, Boolean asResourceName) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at _3CXCloudDBManager.DbConnectionExtensions.ExecuteScript(IDBConnection connection, Object configurationStructure, String scriptText, Boolean asResourceName) at _3CXCloudDBManager.CloudDBManager.CreateCloudServerManagementDatabase(IDBConnection superuser, CloudServerManagementDatabaseConfiguration configuration) at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.CreateDatabase(Action`1 stateChanged) at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.ExecuteSetup(SetupSettings setupSettings, Action`1 stateChanged, Action`1 errorNotifier) at PbxWebConfigTool.PbxSetupService.CreatePbxInternal(SetupSettings settings)

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. hanshin

hello @YiannisH_3CX, thanks for your reply and the link to the thread. The thread you referred to contained the exact error message I received. Once I followed the directions listed the issue was solved and I was able to complete the installation to the end.

For anyone else who is trying to install on Vultr, the 3CX supplied Debian ISO does not install for some reason. It goes through the install and afterwards you will end up back at the beginning of the install process all over again. What worked was to use a Vultr Debian 8 x64 ISO image from their ISO library and load 3CX onto this. After I ran the steps that @ Yiannish_3CX referred to and I had success. Not difficult once you know what the steps are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.