3CX WallMonitor

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DaveXenex, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXenex

At Xenex we needed a Monitor for Queues for a 1 Dept so the Manager could check queue times, stats etc. As there is nothing about that does this, we have written our own. This is a very early version and does what we need it too, and wanted to see what sort of interest there was out there to develop this more so it can be used by more people.

Here is what it looks like on the screen:

"Image not found"

User page:

"Image not found"

The install is a little bit more complex than a simple application as the API is only usable on the server, so this can only be used on IIS installs (the API info is passed off to another site to display in this application on the local server).

There are a few bits to complete for example:

Group memebers will be greyed out when set to Busy/out of queues.
    Thresholds will be set i.e. calls will be Blue until 2 mins, then go red when over 2 mins.
    Better design of "users" to allow more than 4 displayed at the bottom.

It would be interesting to see who would be interested in this application so we can decide if we go ahead and make the dev make the dreaded "settings page" and make it a little more customizable.
    "Image not found"

2. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Dave, that looks very interesting.

That would be perfect for our Support department.

I'll be sure to post some feedback back once I've had the opportunity to evaluate properly.

The reporting side of 3CX, in my view (I am quite demanding in this respect), is not as good as the PBX itself. I have no doubt that it will evolve in due course into a more sophisticated application that encompasses a lot of features already requested, i.e. billing etc.

Certainly a good feature/enhancement request, and i'd certainly go with the contribution from the community if it closer satisfied my requirements and didn't of course invalidate my support warrant/maintenance :lol:

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DaveXenex

Hi Lewis; I have been talking to 3CX about this also to show what this can do etc, and they are quite happy about using 3rd party tools to access the API and database (thats why the API is there)

I feel with the lack of reponce to the post not too many people are interested in this tho, so its quite pointless going on with devolpment for this.

If you would like to have a custimized version for your support dept, drop me a mail on dave@xenex.co.uk

4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Seems a shame to shelf this application - it looks like already a lot of work has gone into it's development.

I think the only way to spark up community interest, is to release it freely so there is some initial up-take on it and people can actually see it in action and evaluate the application. Also I expect most people on here are just interested in selling phone systems, or using phone systems and not so much concerned about this level of analytics. So this application is unfortunately in my mind only going to be for the like of Helpdesk/Support Desk/Call Center-based businesses, which is going to be a significantly narrower market.

Good luck if you continue to develop it - 3CX should certainly be looking to incorporate more into their native reporting package. This addition would be very powerful, even as a third-party add-on.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ess

ess New Member

I think its a very interesting application. Please don't shelf it, I think it is useful for many businesses.

6. DaveXenex

We have had a few people contact me via the forums we are looking in a trial free version, or limited version.

Watch this space...

7. sbsconseil

hi,

Which tool have you use for developper your application? (.net, windev)
    On what base made you your developpement?

8. DaveXenex

Vistual Studio (VB .NET)

Sorry not sure what you mean by the 2nd question

9. sbsconseil

hi,

You have use the API supplied by 3CX?

10. DaveXenex

Ahh yeah, we have used the API, also direct database access to get call history etc.

11. sbsconseil

hi,

You have use the api Call Control ?
    Have of doc? We have find nothing on the WIKI

12. sbsconseil

hi,

We seek to know the status of the truck sip and extension
    can you help ?

13. DaveXenex

Ok, so we now have a "retail" version of the software, you can download it from here: http://callmonitor.xenex.co.uk
    You can request a 30 day trial key via Email to test the product.

Please give us any feed back you may have regarding wanted features or changes.

14. DaveXenex

We dont have any docs, it was all learnt in house by our devs.

15. dmbaa35215

I would like to request a trial key. I e-mailed you and my message was returned undeliverable. Please e-mail me. daniel@onedomain.com

16. DaveXenex

Hi, There was a problem with our mail server, please could you re send any requests for Keys.

Thanks

17. ice

ice New Member

What will be the price and licence policy?

18. Roshen

I'd certainly find this usefully, but will not work for me if I use xp with cassini?
    I hope I'm wrong...

Roshen

19. ice

ice New Member

Hi DaveXenex
    Can you help with installation?
    What this mean?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
  20. DaveXenex

Sadly its only working with IIS for now.

I would guess you dont have your DNS setup correctly, you need to make sure your DNS server has an A Record pointing to your 3cx server's IP address called Wallmonitor
    If you have done this Ice, please email Callmonitor@xenex.co.uk and ill get the Dev to look at it for you.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.