3CX Web Client - Missing Features

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jmiller, Jun 14, 2017.

3CX Web Client - Missing Features 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. jmiller

I just installed 15.5 and have been playing around with the new Web Client. Looks awesome and a great start! However, there are a few things that stand out to me.

First, it would appear in the People section that the circle that has their initials would be a place for a photo? Also, I wouldn't expect it to start dialing right away but rather take me into their contact details since there is already a phone icon readily available. Some people have mobile numbers so it would be great to have an easy way to choose which one to dial.

Second, it would be great if there was a notification that popped up in the lower right-hand corner of the screen so we know when their is an incoming call similar to Outlook.

Third, a call routing feature while in a call that allows a receptionist or backup person to route the call to another persons voicemail. Right now the "in-call" popup only has Transfer, Att.transfer, Conference and Rec. Another button called VoiceMail and then prompt for ext like you do when hitting Transfer.

Fourth, it would be nice to have the Status field available at the top of the screen instead of having to set a temporary status. Seems like there could be a quicker way to set the status maybe through buttons instead of a drop-down. It has to be as quick as possible otherwise users won't use it. I should be able to set the status message no matter what Status I set it to.

Thanks for the consideration!

Nick Galea likes this.
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So for the Photo - its up to the user I think. I uploaded my photo and it shows my photo.
    At top right - click on your initials and select to change Profile Image.

Also - right click a contact for Call Mobile option.

As far as setting my status - super quick in the dropdown menu. Click Click. I see no reason to change this. To set the status message - click the "Balloon" - but agree - it would be nice if I change the message I could SAVE TEXT and SET STATUS - or just SAVE TEXT. (I often update my text but do not want to change my status right now).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 craigreilly, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Nick Galea likes this.
  3. jmiller

@craigreilly - Thanks for the Photo tip! The right-click works for the Call Mobile option...wasn't thinking there would be a right-click option on the website.

The drop-down is quick but I could see a status field at the top to the left of the enter name/number field to make setting the status easy with an x to clear it out like some search boxes have.

Overall, a great start to the interface!

Nick Galea and craigreilly like this.