Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx web reports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mikee, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikee

Hi ,

I have some strange behavior with the 3cx web reports tool. A customer used this tool to generate call logs for his extension.
    They reported that the call logs totals and the extension statistics totals seems different from each other.

I had the same behavior on a test environment :

3 logs where generated from ext 100 > any (outbound) and from any > ext 100 (inbound) and the extension statistics log which shows inbound/outbound totals.

call Logs :

any> ext 100 (inbound) shows a total of 42 calls

ext 100 > any (outbound) show a total 32 calls

and the extension statistics totals show :
    Inbound 61 calls

outbound 32 calls

How is it possible that the extension statistics totals (inbound) shows different numbers than the Call logs totals (inbound) ???

of course we double checked the time span of both logs .

is the some logical explanation for this ?

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Does extesnion 100 belongs to some ring group or a queue? It seems that calls which came to e.g. ring group and then forward to extension number are also in the extension statistics...

3. Mikee

Indeed in my test environment ext 100 belongs to a ring group , so let me get this clear the call logs shows only inbound/outbound calls ( forwarded calls , calls picked up in ring group or queue are not included).

The extension statistics shows inbound / outbound + forwarded calls and calls picked up in ring group \ queue.

Correct ?

but now i want a detailed calls logs report from a specific extension where i can see how many calls where forwarded , picked up from ring group + talking time and costs .

i cant get this information from the call logs report.

is there some way to this ?

4. kevin

kevin Member

@Mikee

The Call Log Reports are built in a way that the CALL is the focal point.

When a call is received by the system, the call can be routed to one destination, and then the call can be re-routed (transferred), for a virtually unlimited number of times.

If a call passes through more than one stage, the Call Log Reports will, because they focus on the CALL, report the basic information of the call, but each intermediate stage the call passes through is a level of detail that cannot be captured.

If you require this level of detail, you will need to investigate a different data capture mechanism. The typical way to do this would be to capture the call data using CDR mechanisms, and then parsing that data in whatever way suits your reporting needs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.