Solved 3CX webclient Polycom VVX311 cti

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by choimarc, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choimarc

Hello,

I have a Yealink T23G and a Polycom VVX311 connected to 3CX. When I open the webclient, I can use the Yealink phone to dial and receive call but I cannot use the Polycom. After a bit of searching, I have concluded that the problem with the Polycom is due to the limited CTI functionnality.

If this is so, is there a chance that the Polycom will be supported in the webclient ? Is the CTI support the real issue ?

Thanks.

Marco

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @choimarc

Please note that you can only use the web client to call supported devices that support uaCSTA which is what the web client uses. If the device does not meet these requirements then the device will not be visible in the web client and you won't be able to use it.

3. choimarc

Hello YiannisH,

I have looked in the polycom's documentation and have enabled uacsta. I doesn't seem to work. I see in the activity logs "Trying to establish CSTA session" with my yealink phones but it doesn't try anything with the polycom. Is this normal ?

Thanks.

Marco.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3CX only sends requests for uaCSTA for the phones of manufacturers Fanvil, Htek, Yealink and snom, and specifically for the models of each that support it.

Despite this though, to my knowledge Polycom phones do have uaCSTA support, but they do not have a full stack, they only support a few functions like hold and transfer I believe.

5. choimarc

Hi,

I saw in the parameters the following: CSTA_USER_AGENTS.
    Can I add the polycom in there so that 3CX tries to establish the csta session ? I would really like to use the polycom in the webclient, even if it's only with limited features.

Thanks.

6. choimarc

Hello,

It's working now ! However like you said, not all functionalities are available (conference, att transfert). Also, when I place a call from the webclient, it performs a "make call" on the source phone before calling the destination phone. Not a big problem for me.

To make it work, I had to do the following:

1. Add "Polycom" to the CSTA_USER_AGENTS parameter in 3CX

That's it !

Thanks.

Marco

moniputerPBX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.